Author Topic: Looking for Wrist Pin Busing Size Info: Possibly An Existing Y-Block Application  (Read 754 times)

mtburger

• View Profile
Hello All.

I'm trying to find a set of wrist pin bushing to bush a .912 Piston & Pin onto a .975 Rod, the actual application is 351c pistons onto 400 rod.

I was told Y Block items would work, but can't find any sizing info in my searches.

Any help with on the Y Block dimensions, or an actual bushing part number is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mike H.

blykins

• View Profile
    • Lykins Motorsports
Brent Lykins
Lykins Motorsports
Custom FE Street, Drag Race, Road Race, and Pulling Truck Engines
Custom Roller & Flat Tappet Camshafts
www.lykinsmotorsports.com
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.customfordcams.com
502-759-1431
Instagram:  brentlykinsmotorsports
YouTube:  Lykins Motorsports

gt350hr

• View Profile
    +1 ask for Debbie . She is SUPER knowledgeable.

mtburger

• View Profile
Thanks Guys.

Much appreciated.

Mike H.

pbf777

• View Profile
I'm trying to find a set of wrist pin bushing to bush a .912 Piston & Pin onto a .975 Rod, the actual application is 351c pistons onto 400 rod.

We did a lot of these back when it was popular when a flat-top piston for the 400C wasn't readily available (also when putting the 351M/400 rod in the 351W).  We will first hone the rod pin-ends to clean-up, true to round, and equalize, then take that I.D. dimension, add say two thousndths of an inch to it, and call Crower Cams and they would make bushings any size (within reason) one wanted.  The problem sometimes encountered is that the 400C rod pin hole is for and generally has been used for, a "press-pin" (this not really by design a serviceable system, though yes practiced), and upon removal often some damage (scoring/gauling/ out of roundness) to that bore will exist, and this should be rectified before a bushing is inserted and sized.  Also, most "stock-replacement" type bushings found are perhaps going to be of 'split' type, and though probably O.K., we would generally, particularly for performance applications, full-round and of a more performance oriented alloy.      :)

Scott.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 03:12:48 PM by pbf777 »