Author Topic: The New FordFE Forum  (Read 16496 times)

FElony

Re: The New FordFE Forum
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2018, 09:11:04 PM »
LOL
It starts when you're always afraid.

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I was in the back yard looking for Barry in the dark corners again.

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2018, 09:22:25 PM »
I'm chuckling hard.
Hope to have a drink with ya some day.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

FElony

« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2018, 09:26:00 PM »
For some reason I'm having flashbacks. Chopper rotors whoosh whoosh. Staccato jabber from black pajamas, punctuated by Mandarin orders. We aren't supposed to be in this sector, man. Westmoreland doesn't know about us. Air Cav's gonna light us up! In the water. Stay low. Something hurts. Chew the root...chew the root.

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2018, 09:28:47 PM »
Ok maybe not. ;)
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428

FElony

« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2018, 10:26:55 PM »
Ok maybe not. ;)

Oh, don't wuss out. Is the Woodland Hills El Torito still there next to the movie theater? I can board the Marrakesh Express and be there in an hour.

FElony

« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2018, 10:56:55 PM »
For some reason I'm having flashbacks. Chopper rotors whoosh whoosh. Staccato jabber from black pajamas, punctuated by Mandarin orders. We aren't supposed to be in this sector, man. Westmoreland doesn't know about us. Air Cav's gonna light us up! In the water. Stay low. Something hurts. Chew the root...chew the root.

OK Alex, I'll take "CIA in Laos" for 400. Hehehe. God, I hope that's been declassified by now or I'm gonna have bong loads of 'scalades hovering my 'hood. Again.

plovett

« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2018, 05:41:33 AM »
I don't think I'd have a drink with a nam vet if I were you. 

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2018, 07:38:52 AM »
Hah there's some memories. Woodland Hills El Torito.
It became a real dump though but still there. The theater is now a Frys electronics.
Though I am not one, couple of my best buddy's are Nam vets. They don't like to talk to much about it.
I'll bet there are some crazy stories in FElony's head. The "Westmoreland doesn't know we're here" comment being one.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2018, 09:30:06 AM »
I gotta love that Satan's Spawn Zuckerberg and his criminally invasive company is going down. I've been preaching against Facebook for years. Now Bezos is going down, but he'll be a tougher nut to crack. I wonder if it'll ever come out that TapaTalk is, in fact, the Chinese mining info from us? I think so.

LOL, Facebook isn't going anywhere, neither is Amazon.  Now FB might take a huge revenue hit as they tighten up the data protections because that's why advertisers are on there.  FB monetizes the traffic and personal stats for targeted adverts.  Users can restrict what they see - I kill off ads - and without the personal data to target your demographic, why am I paying you again?   I can get a better deal from Google.  Some people are leaving but it's spit compared to the overall population of users.  Elon pulled their page - but he really didn't know they had a page and didn't care.  Also, most of the kids I know including grandkids with phones don't hardly use FB anymore.  They do use Instagram (along with SpaceX and a zillion others) - and that is owned by, wait for it...Facebook. 

I block all political shares from friend - both sides.  If it says any of the trigger words (non inclusive) gun-Hillary-Obama-Trump-Fox  LOL, boom - gone.  I also break tags to same.  I see lots of hot rods, kids, puppies, cats, food and little BS.  Nice.  People on FB don't want your facts, some just push things that trip their triggers so you have to have the discipline to stay out of "someone is wrong on the internet" mode.  Sort of digital wrestling with pigs.

Also, if you bother to read the Terms and Conditions (some 40 pages long) you'd know what you're giving up in terms of data.  You didn't, I didn't, the other people didn't - so on one hand, what are you crying about?  You saw the banner, you clicked OK, so now...whats the beef?  Facebook's "defense" about Messenger - "You agreed to the terms of use which include...".  So don't use Messenger for chatting with your Ashley Madison hookup and such.  :)

Running a business FB page I will say that a large part of the FB population (maybe heavy internet/app uses as well) don't read.  "TLDR" if it's more than 5 words.  They won't even read whats on a graphic.  Post a graphic/flyer for a race with gate prices, gate times, etc - expect at least one post "what time does it start".  Same with the sale pages - "How much?"  "Did you bother to read the Ad?".  etc.  A lot of this offence at data mining is really offence at people's own stupidity and unwillingness to research the down side.   I just want it, screw the other stuff. 

As for TapaCrap, you don't have to install it to read the forums.  There are several useful forums on Tapatalk, so it's just the lousy interface that you have to put up with.  My log in info on Tap includes nothing, and without the app on my devices they aren't mining anything.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 09:37:47 AM by Falcon67 »

Katz427

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2018, 10:26:24 AM »
Never on Facebook, never on Twitter. That's just me. Most people I talk to use Facebook like a personal diary, that all your friends can access.
I just read the posts on the new FE forum as well. The moderator let things get way out of hand a few times over the years. I like what Jay is doing here.

Joe-JDC

• Truth stands on its own merit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2018, 10:31:31 AM »
I've all but quit going to the new-Old FE forum.  It is not user friendly-except for picture downloading, and the new folks are a different mindset of usable knowledge.  Thankfully Jay has kept the FE alive and well here.  Joe-JDC
Joe-JDC '70GT-500

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2018, 10:35:14 AM »
Something that people should keep in mind, and for the vast part it is true, that ANYTHING you do or ANYWHERE you go on the internet is tracked, logged and data mined. Period. That's not a conspiracy thing, it's just fact. That's how the internet works these days. FB has been doing it for some time, so I don't really get the 'uproar' that's occurring now. I will admit that that's one of the reasons I shut down my FB account though (even though FB will retain all that info, including pictures, whether you deactivate your account or not).

There are ways to minimize that tracking and data mining, and even some ways to get around it completely, but for the most part, 99.99% of people don't have a clue or don't care enough to research it, or even worry about it for that matter. I try and minimize, as best I can, the threat of data mining. It can help with identity theft, invasion of privacy and not getting spammed to death through your email, or even your home/cell phone by telemarketers. But if you make on-line purchases, you can only do so much.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2018, 10:43:34 AM »
I bought a 390 block from a guy, not through FB or messenger
Next day he showed up on FB on people you might know.....
he had not used his FB just created a acount but not used it
for atleast a year. I dont like it.....i had talked to him on my
phone and they new it.... scary :o

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2018, 11:07:01 AM »
All these posts are what I was trying to get across with our brother FElony.
I don't go anywhere on the net but basically car and news joints. I'm not nor ever have been a FB or anything else person besides forums that I'm interested in. If someone wants that info, cool.
Understanding that every character you type is out there forever is something our supposedly computer savvy kids should have all realized or been taught from the moment they could type.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2018, 11:22:30 AM »
I've all but quit going to the new-Old FE forum.  It is not user friendly-except for picture downloading, and the new folks are a different mindset of usable knowledge.  Thankfully Jay has kept the FE alive and well here.  Joe-JDC

Echo.