Author Topic: Tri-Power or Dual Quad Offenhauser?  (Read 9727 times)

FElony

Re: Tri-Power or Dual Quad Offenhauser?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2018, 12:52:09 PM »
how about 3-2V using the new FI-tech replacement for carbs

Using fuel injection on pre-1986 vehicles is gay. Like, LGBT gay. Like, Fire Island gay. Like, Barack Obama gay. You're not going to get the oohs and aahs that classic clobberators will get. Plus, gay FI will go SWISH when you hit the gas pedal. No roar, just swish. I mean, Gay Pride Parade performance. We're talking mincing in black leather jockstraps in front of the kids performance.

Nope. Can't have that.   :)
I didn't see that on there website. Thanks for the warning!

https://www.fireisland.com/

Fire Island has been aflame for many decades:  https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fire+island+gay+parade

FElony

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2018, 12:57:55 PM »
Hello. I am a newer member and an FE newbie. I have found a couple of FE intakes for sale recently and wanted an opinion on whether they are worth the time and effort to use them on an occasional driver or should I stick with a single carb with an aluminum intake. My '67 Mustang was originally an S Code and I have a 390 from a '67 Galaxie awaiting time to go through and be installed. I want to do some upgrades to it before it goes in. The intakes that I found are an FE Tri-Power and a Dual Quad Offenhauser. Both are complete with carbs and linkages according to the sellers. The Tri Power was on an early Galaxie but not sure about the Offenhauser.

They are both in the $1000 price range.

Advice or opinions welcome.

I had a simular experience as Jay mentioned. I do not know how the plenum of the P-O-Sonice is designed vs the Offenhauser Dual Quad but my 390 gained when I swapped a single 4 barrel Port-O-Sonic for a Street Master. As for looks you can not go wrong with multiple carbs in any case.

The car I just got a couple days ago has a "stealth" F427 intake. Stealth as in lettering removed, painted blue. Looks really stock. I have heard that the POS is better than the SM or SD, which are supposed to be better than the F427. Not sure how much ET is there if I switch to a POS.

fryedaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2018, 12:59:09 PM »
i dont care so much about looks under the hood,as long as it sounds good and outruns all my buddies cars
1966 comet caliente 428 4 speed owned since 1983                                                 1973 f250 ranger xlt 360 4 speed papaw bought new

FElony

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2018, 01:12:19 PM »
i dont care so much about looks under the hood,as long as it sounds good and outruns all my buddies cars

The reasonable, practical approach.  8)

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2018, 05:10:55 PM »
Not sure how much ET is there if I switch to a POS.

Wait, are we talking about intakes, or Chevys?
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

FElony

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2018, 05:55:49 PM »
Not sure how much ET is there if I switch to a POS.

Wait, are we talking about intakes, or Chevys?

Now, you know darn well if I had a Chevy, it would still have an FE in it. Or perhaps a tunnel ram 289, iff'n it was a '55. But yes, I done shoulda wrote P-O-S for you special needs members.

And speaking of tunnel rams, has anyone done a dyno comparison on an FE of a cast TR vs. a single quad?

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2018, 09:13:46 AM »

Using fuel injection on pre-1986 vehicles is gay. Like, LGBT gay. Like, Fire Island gay. Like, Barack Obama gay. You're not going to get the oohs and aahs that classic clobberators will get. Plus, gay FI will go SWISH when you hit the gas pedal. No roar, just swish. I mean, Gay Pride Parade performance. We're talking mincing in black leather jockstraps in front of the kids performance.

Was there in 2000 didnt se a single sissy ;D off season i guess

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2018, 09:16:10 AM »
Are you talking about a regular single quad or a tunnel ram with a single quad? When Jay did his intake testing, the Weiand tunnel ram made better power than just about any other intake he tested. I think it was 2nd overall, but just barely.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2018, 10:32:10 AM »
When I worked on Fire Island in 09 the only thing flaming was the populace.

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2018, 10:36:37 AM »
and don't worry Felony, my sexuality is is still intact.

FElony

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2018, 11:21:28 AM »
Are you talking about a regular single quad or a tunnel ram with a single quad? When Jay did his intake testing, the Weiand tunnel ram made better power than just about any other intake he tested. I think it was 2nd overall, but just barely.

Actually I was referring to that exact combo, a J-Dapt  ;D and a Weiand 8V tunnel ram. I have both pieces, so that's a viable combo. I seem to remember one or two guys here doing that. Will have to search for their posts when I have a chance.

FElony

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2018, 11:25:17 AM »
When I worked on Fire Island in 09 the only thing flaming was the populace.

What is that white stuff you post of?

Sincerely,  Arizona Desert Dweller

FElony

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2018, 11:29:58 AM »
and don't worry Felony, my sexuality is still intact.

We'll go with your claim for now. However, if I see one square inch of a Rochester in the corner of any of your pictures, I'm calling you out of the closet.

FElony

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2018, 11:35:31 AM »

Was there in 2000 didnt se a single sissy ;D off season i guess

They saw you coming with your battle armor, Viking coat of arms, a lit torch, and a flag that said "Lispys will get Crispy". Try being a little more subtle next time.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 12:18:45 PM by FElony »

Dan859

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2018, 01:23:04 PM »
FElony's on a roll! ;D.  Viking invasions, Two-way varmint shooting, what's next??