Author Topic: Oldcrabs.com  (Read 8503 times)

babybolt

• View Profile
Oldcrabs.com
« on: March 31, 2012, 09:01:22 PM »
I started a new website to sell parts, mostly Ford items and carburetor cores.  Ebay is too expensive, Craigslist attracts flakes, and I can't physically go to many swap meets anymore.  The website is at Oldcrabs.com, named after my buddy's old junkyard Ford truck.  Most of the parts are stuff I've had laying around for years but occasionally I will add things from friends.  Sometimes the checkout will not work, if not just send a email and I can send a Paypal invoice.  Money orders or checks welcome too.  The website automatically calculates shipping like Ebay, I just put the weight in there, and like Ebay the shipping quote is usually on the high side.   I can drag this stuff to Columbus also if requested.   

Jay, thanks for the space.

machoneman

• View Profile
Re: Oldcrabs.com
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 08:52:15 AM »
Hah! When I read that headline, I thought you were selling a bitchy ex-wife or ex-girlfriend! 

LOL!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 07:23:19 AM by machoneman »
Bob Maag

babybolt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 09:02:06 PM »
I've been working on this website the last several weeks to improve it and add more stuff.

Items can be delivered to Ford Columbus also.

babybolt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 08:23:24 PM »
Recently added many new parts including some FE stuff.

babybolt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 07:18:46 PM »
Lots of new parts.  Listed a bunch of Holley 2 barrel carbs including some milled for Tripower.  Professional carb rebuilders are buying most of the carbs in package deals to save shipping.  Also debugged a few problems recently.

babybolt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 11:23:25 AM »
A few new items on the website and a small re-organization.  Added a category for FE pulleys so they would be easier to find.

I'm really trying to downsize so I'm having a supersale on all seven of the FE pulleys as a group shipped in a medium flat rate box for $100.

http://oldcrabs.highwire.com/products/ford-fe-390-429-pulleys?pagesize=40

Pulleys are sold.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 11:16:39 AM by babybolt »

babybolt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 11:09:03 AM »
More carb cores lots for the rebuilders.

Did OK last year getting rid of this stuff.  Mostly it was venders buying the parts for resell.  I figure that's about 50% of the volume.  Another 25% is professionals buying parts for cars they are restoring then selling or are buying parts for their customers.

This website is quite a bit of work, more than putting stuff on Ebay.  The website still has a few odd issues that are part of the hosting site, not much I can do about that.

abyars

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 08:56:29 AM »
Is your site down?  I got an error.
Anthony Byars
1970 Ford F250 Crew Cab 390 C6
1955 Chevrolet 4 door sedan
2004 Ford Expedition

babybolt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 06:55:43 PM »
The website is still up.  I have some problems with the hosting company, the checkout process seems to be intermittent.  Long term I will have to change to another host.  The last two weeks I had problems with my internet router.