Author Topic: Nash 5 speed trans plus parts  (Read 2097 times)

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
Nash 5 speed trans plus parts
« on: December 09, 2015, 01:54:18 PM »
I traded for this almost exactly a year ago. Acquired it from a forum ad. Took it along with a toploader to Liberty to go over and select the best candidate for my street/strip deal. Ended up using the toploader.

Per the folks at Liberty, this is an old Long drag race clutchless "crashbox". Apparently common to these is that the gears take some significant abuse, and some of them should be replaced. He could not or would not give me a statement of "how long would it go as it is". The cost of a full on modern street racer faceplate type conversion was higher than the cost of doing up my toploader, so this has been gathering dust.

This is not the fault of the prior seller. His trans guy might not be as particular as the guys at Liberty, or he may well have acquired it from somebody else before that & been told what he repeated... The mag case is apparently for a somewhat different model and will not work with this trans - but it is included and might be useful as trade bait.

As-is, full disclosure, caveat emptor and all that...

Doug Nash 5sp. 3.36 first gear. NOT A 4+1 street version. This was a drag race/road race setup. come's with fine spline 11/8 input , has rear yoke. torsion bar, with choice of 2 shifters vert-gate or Long asking $1650 plus ride. extra parts available : Mag case (shed some weight) , BIG SPLINE 13/8 input (makes this a shoe in replacement for a big block top loader) extra gears center force DIF clutch Everything

Link to original ad:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/75943/thread/1418246324/last-1418683319/View+thread
Barry Rabotnick
Survivalmotorsports.com