FE Power Forums > Member Projects

66 Fairlane Reborn

(1/14) > >>

Jb427:
Hi all I am still pretty new to this forum and people on here have been very helpful with question's

around 2 years ago now i imported my 1966 fairlane hardtop to Australia. It was a 390 4b c6 car drum brakes all round.
First thing done was changing the brakes. I use Australia xf front brakes and stub axles and the steering tie rods to new Australia Xr falcon ones along with a remote brake booster mounted on the left hand side inner Wheel well.

That gave me vented front discs car was then lowered front and rear quite abit from stock diff was narrowed to fit 10/15 with 265 50 bf goodrich rubber and 8/15 225 50 fronts
fiberglass hood came shortly after that it did get it painted blue but i have lost the photo's of that.

Overall car looked pretty solid some slight bubbling of paint around the rear wheel well along with stress cracks at the top of the rear quarters and start of the C pillar.

Jb427:
The car then got sand blasted back to bear metal to start fresh here is what was found.
Apart from what is shown in the pic's the left hand rear tail light was almost 100% gone and held in place with some welding if you can all it that  :o
fun started here first i ordered 2 half quarters but that was soon scraped 7 foot long quarter panel's are scary for me to weld something like that quite along time went buy but i ordered 2 new auto metal direct rear quarter panels and 2 new inner taillight mounting brackets and 2 new outer inner wheel wells.

The Auto Metal Direct parts are great the normal pushing pulling and tweaking here and there but over all a very pain free install highly recommended for the panels i bought.

Jb427:
Car then went off for final prep and paint. Colour is Australian falcon colour Teal Glow
I have had the car back for around 2 months now
New wheels are fitted Torq thrust D 10/15 3/ 3/4" backspace and 8.5/15 3/ 3/4 fronts
Front and rear glass is back in just finished fitting the frontend. I am also using a malwoods under dash clutch master cyllinder and hydraulic throwout bearing for the bullnose toploader wide ratio big in and out shafts Malwoods also supplied my clutch billet flywheel and pressure plate. Rear diff is still std 28 spline 3.5 ratio upgrades to come on that yet.

Powering my fairlane will be a healthy 482 BBM block heads intake engine more info and pic's on that soon camshaft was dialed in today after i got all the goodies back from my engine shop Fataz Competion Engines.

sixty9cobra:
Nice work and I love those wheels. Keep us posted on your progress.

turbohunter:
Jealous of your paint job. Beautiful
I’m in the middle of a 67 right now. You’re giving me inspiration.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version