Author Topic: FE (and other engines) Pulleys and Brackets  (Read 2597 times)

babybolt

• View Profile
FE (and other engines) Pulleys and Brackets
« on: November 04, 2011, 08:58:14 AM »
I wasn't aware of this company until a few days ago:  http://www.cvfracing.com/

Made in the USA, Minnesota and reasonable prices in my estimation.

Caveat: I have no affiliation with the company and have no friends who bought from them or no knowledge of there reputation. 

ScotiaFE

• Howie
    • View Profile
Re: FE (and other engines) Pulleys and Brackets
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 12:11:14 PM »
They do look good. And the prices look good also.
Now if I just had some money.

rcodecj

• View Profile
Re: FE (and other engines) Pulleys and Brackets
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 09:50:00 PM »
I just bought the March pulleys a couple of days ago. The differences I see are a slightly different pulley ratio, the performance March I bought are 5.5 crank, and 6.75 water pump, for an underdrive ratio of .81. The CVF are 5.4 crank, and 6.2 wp, for an underdrive ratio of .87. Not much difference there. Both pulleys are made of 6061T6 aluminum, which CVF claims is corrosion resistant, don't know about that, but March powdercoats their pulleys with a clear coat.
The CVF price is certainly a consideration as I just paid $195 for a two pulley set from March, and CVF is around half that.
I never run the alternator pulley, I always just buy the crank and w/p. As far as the complete belt system, it looks like they use a heim joint on the tightener, that is something I'm not interested in using, I feel it would allow the alternator to pivot on the heim joint in the other plane, I can't tell from the picture if that's the case, but not for me.