Author Topic: Has anybody done a 2x4 EFI?  (Read 3967 times)

GJCAT427

• View Profile
Has anybody done a 2x4 EFI?
« on: September 19, 2013, 05:16:31 AM »
Just wondering if something like EZ or some other could be adapted.

blykins

• View Profile
    • Lykins Motorsports
Re: Has anybody done a 2x4 EFI?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 06:40:57 AM »
Yes, you can use the extra throttle body for the EZ system.
Brent Lykins
Lykins Motorsports
Custom FE Street, Drag Race, Road Race, and Pulling Truck Engines
Custom Roller & Flat Tappet Camshafts
www.lykinsmotorsports.com
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.customfordcams.com
502-759-1431
Instagram:  brentlykinsmotorsports
YouTube:  Lykins Motorsports

My427stang

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 06:52:57 AM »
Yes most of the companies offer it as an option.  I have not programmed one, but it should be pretty basic.

At that point you have 8 injectors, just like port injection, just located further upstream so it's not like it's a very unique tune.  I'd expect in that case one throttle position sensor is eliminated and probably one IAT motor is disabled as well.
---------------------------------
Ross
Bullock's Power Service, LLC
- 70 Fastback Mustang, 489 cid FE, Victor, SEFI, Erson SFT cam, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch.
- 71 F100 shortbed 4x4, 461 cid FE, headers, Victor Pro-flo EFI, Comp Custom HFT cam, 3.50 9 inch

cammerfe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 12:55:25 PM »
Way back when Holley first announced their bolt-on stand alone EFI system, I asked them if they had given any thought to a 2 X 4 set-up. They told me it was likely six months away. When I went back to them, they'd decided not to do it. I was writing for Super Ford Magazine at the time, and after some discussion they agreed to help me with a 'two-complete-system' application. I made use of Brother Lon's 427 SO/MR combination in his '67 Mustang.

We installed two of their 900 CFM packages, keeping everything separate except to use a single fuel delivery combo with two fuel pumps in parallel, and a 'Y' in the engine compartment to feed two throttle bodies.

We did the ultimate testing sessions on the half-mile-track at T&C Livonia, using an accelerometer for instrumentation. The first tests showed that it was impossible to have good street manners and max performance at the same time. Discussion with the Holley engineers resulted in a substitution of lower capacity injectors to get things within the adjustment limitations of the electronics package.

The result was a much more docile engine for DD-type purposes---although it was purely a 'cruise-night' car at the time. But we also achieved a very significant reduction in such things as 20-to-80 times.

I did a couple of articles about Lon's Mustang for Super Ford and later did other write-ups regarding Holley EFI for a couple of other magazines as well.

There was really no down side to the change. I'll never be satisfied with a carburetor-equipped set-up again!

KS
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 12:57:40 PM by cammerfe »

66FAIRLANE

• Andy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 10:21:21 PM »
Looking at doing this myself soon. Still tossing up multipoint v throttle body.

427Fastback

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 10:57:33 PM »
Gord B runs a dual set up on the 428 in his Anglia...There are pics on this site of the car and he is a member on the other FE site...I don't know all the details but it wouldn't be to hard to track him down...His system is up and running..........Cory
1968 Mustang Fastback...427 MR 5spd (owned since 1977)
1967 Mustang coupe...Trans Am replica
1936 Diamond T 212BD
1990 Grizzly pick-up