Author Topic: Bowling Green  (Read 1575 times)

Leny Mason

• View Profile
Bowling Green
« on: June 20, 2019, 08:07:59 AM »
I got to spend time with Larry Gould, Larry Brown, John Jones telling Ford racing stories, they had the time of there life you can tell listening to them talk about racing for Ford, mostly FE's a lot of Cammer stuff Larry Gould talked about getting all the Sohc parts and engines he needed , what a time they must of had getting paid to blow cammers up, you can see the smiles on there faces it must of been a great time, George Montgomery and his Wife were there to, and looking good selling shirts and telling stories, We had a great time there. Leny Mason

TomP

• View Profile
Re: Bowling Green
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 02:05:00 PM »
I watched the live feed on YouTube almost all day on Friday and Saturday. It only showed what went down the track but the announcer talked about the other stuff there. Looks like a great event.

CaptCobrajet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 03:11:29 PM »
Top Stock was won by George Warren with an FE!
Blair Patrick

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 05:25:57 PM »
I got to spend time with Larry Gould, Larry Brown, John Jones telling Ford racing stories, they had the time of there life you can tell listening to them talk about racing for Ford, mostly FE's a lot of Cammer stuff Larry Gould talked about getting all the Sohc parts and engines he needed , what a time they must of had getting paid to blow cammers up, you can see the smiles on there faces it must of been a great time, George Montgomery and his Wife were there to, and looking good selling shirts and telling stories, We had a great time there. Leny Mason

Cool! I know that Ed Pink, Prudhomme and Kalitta all talked as well about Ford shipping tons of Cammers and parts in the day.
Bob Maag

Leny Mason

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 10:26:53 PM »
Top Stock was won by George Warren with an FE!
Blair I saw some of your engines there, I can't remember what his car looked like but it sure is fun for me it is my Fathers day present lucky Me.