Author Topic: Wiring Nip/Tuck, Remote Solenoid  (Read 1125 times)

CV355

• View Profile
Wiring Nip/Tuck, Remote Solenoid
« on: March 12, 2020, 09:47:20 AM »
Does anyone have any pictures of "tucked" engine bay wiring they are especially proud of? 

Also, I've been considering relocating the solenoid to the trunk since the battery is already back there.  I've read pros/cons for both ways, but it sounds like the remote solenoid also has the added benefit of a cleaner engine bay, which I am all for.  Any pictures or advice there would be great as well.

Henrysnephew

• View Profile
Re: Wiring Nip/Tuck, Remote Solenoid
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 01:17:55 PM »
Here's my best effort.  Everything that could possibly leave the engine compartment was relocated to the inside of the firewall.  Randy M

TomP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 01:34:06 PM »
I ran an 8ga wire to a terminal block under the dash. The solenoid mounts to the side of the battery tray in the trunk. All the power comes off that terminal block except the fuel pump which has a relay alongside the battery tray.

FElony

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 08:46:03 PM »
Here's my best effort.  Everything that could possibly leave the engine compartment was relocated to the inside of the firewall.  Randy M

Clean! A recent add to the Ansen line if it interests you. https://www.ebay.com/itm/313010018829

CV355

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 09:08:25 AM »
Very clean!!

Does anyone have any pictures of routing cables up in fender wells?  I'm looking at using a Greenlee punch, adding two grommets, one before and one after the strut tower.