Author Topic: which carbs to get  (Read 5578 times)

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
Re: which carbs to get
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2017, 10:11:26 PM »
Your "tuner" can't figure out why your fuel pressure is too high or your float leaks so you chose to be rude to the people here willing to help you?

Whatever dude... good luck
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 10:15:47 PM by Drew Pojedinec »

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2017, 11:44:43 AM »

oh well. i guess i will ask some chevy guys what to do. not much help here.

Why is it when someone asks a question and they don't get the answer they THINK is right, they get mad and threaten to use chevy guys to help make power?

My 462ci FE runs stock jetted 1850's and makes 625 hp at 6500 rpm. 
Larry

GJCAT427

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2017, 12:41:24 PM »
I have a neighbor who runs 2 edlbrokes  on a 440 in a A1oo who can`t seem to get them right. He tells me I don`t have a clue to adjusting carbs, but he`s taken his truck to every who knows what there doing and his truck still runs richer than topfueler. He can`t understand how mine starts without running the battery down like his does when its hot and heat soaked. I watched him try to start it at a cruze in this summer and they had to jump start it. He told me I was going to have trouble because it was hot out. Guess what mine rolled over about 6 times and was running. He`s one of those that throws money at stuff and expects it to run out of the box because he read it some place. Listen to the guys on this forum we all have had carb issues at one time or another. We offer advice but your not giving us enough info that we need to sort your problem out.

shady

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2017, 03:53:52 PM »
I've had rebuild kits (quick fuel) for 600 Holleys with the wrong secondary metering block gaskets. They look & fit perfect, but will drop gas from the transition slots & run rich as hell. If those carbs were rebuilt, I would check on that.
What goes fast doesn't go fast long'
What goes fast takes your money with it.
So I'm slow & broke, what went wrong?
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2017, 10:08:16 AM »
>I have a neighbor who runs 2 edlbrokes  on a 440 in a A1oo who can`t seem to get them right

LOL, the Eds are pretty sensitive to basic adjustment.  On mine, I set each for the exact same transition slot exposure, about .020.  Then use a vacuum gauge to set each idle mix separately to as close to the exact same vacuum as possible.  Then hook the linkage so that each moves exactly together (not progressive on my setup but probably could be used like that) and the linkage set to just slip on/off without moving the primary throttles.  With the linkage hooked up, back off the stop on the rear carb and let the front curb idle set the idle speed for the pair.   Touchy, idles and runs well when set right.  If it's off a bit you get the rupp-rupp like it's got a big cam LOL.  Fun for car shows, PITA to stage the car on the track.

gdaddy01

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2017, 09:35:16 PM »
oh well. i guess i will ask some chevy guys what to do. not much help here.
WHAT ?