Author Topic: Lots of FE Intakes for sale  (Read 11075 times)

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
Lots of FE Intakes for sale
« on: March 03, 2019, 12:34:51 AM »
Update:  I've reduced prices on some of these intakes, and can deliver them to the FE Race and Reunion if interested.  The ones no longer available are marked SOLD.  After the FE Reunion they will go on ebay.  Thanks, Jay

I've kept all these intakes around for so many years because A) They make great wall art, and B) If I felt the need to go back and retest anything for my book, they would be available.  But over the years I haven't really needed to do any further testing with these manifolds, and they've just been gathering dust on the wall.  Now that I'm fully committed to my own cylinder head and intake manifold design, I think its time to let some of these go.  Most of them are still hung up on the wall and taking them down to shoot pictures of each one would be very time consuming, and besides, you can see pictures of them in my book  ;D  But if you are interested in one of the intakes and would like some photos before committing to buy, let me know and I'll take the manifold of interest down and get you some pictures, and a detailed description of their condition.

In the pictures of the manifolds on the wall, some of them are blacked out, and these are not for sale.  All the manifolds shown are available for sale:

In the photo above, top row from left to right:

- Offy 360 2X4 intake, Holley carbs will fit, needs spacers to space up the carbs for distributor clearance; $425 $350
- Ford tunnel port 1X4 intake; $850  Sold
- Edelbrock F262 2X4 intake, required Edelbrock-style carbs; $475 $400
- Dove 2X4 Tunnel Wedge style SOHC intake, beat all other SOHC intakes except Hilborn for HP when I tested SOHC intakes; $2250 Sold
- Ford 2X4 low riser intake; $800 Sold
- Dove FE Tunnel Ram, this manifold has a small pinhole between one of the pushrod holes and an intake port.  I sealed it with RTV during testing, but JB Weld or some other epoxy would be a better fix.  It was polished at some point, but could use a shine-up; $1400 Sold
- Munro 2X4 single plane SOHC intake, strongest carb intake between 5500-6500 RPM when I tested the SOHC manifolds, $1950 $1800

Bottom row, left to right:
- Edelbrock Air Gap 2X4 intake, used for dyno testing only $500
- Edelbrock X-F66 Crossram 2X4 intake, $1250
- Blue Thunder Weber intake with 48 IDA carbs.  Carbs have been tuned to work on a 500-600 HP engine.  This combination slaughtered everything else in torque, and in some cases HP, on the 390 stroker and 427 engines during my testing.  $3200 Sold
- Mickey Thompson 2X4 crossram, includes distributor and parts to make the distributor work.  This manifold has a crack in one flange, at the end, but still sealed up well and ran fine on the dyno;  $1050
- High Riser 4V intake; $600 $550
- Ford 3X2 intake with carbs, I've owned this one since the early 1980s.  The carbs were new from Carl's Ford Parts back when I dyno tested the manifolds.  Linkage is repro linkage, also from Carl's if I recall correctly.  The manifold also has a complete hidden nitrous oxide injection system plumbed underneath, but it is the plumbing only; you would need some solenoids, braided line, and a tank to complete.  $1600.

In the photo above, top row from left to right:
- Offy Port-O-Sonics, first and also fourth from left.  One of these has been port matched to medium riser ports, and one is as-cast.  $550 $475 each
- Holley Street Dominator; second from left and also end of the top row.  Again, one has been port matched and one is as-cast.  $500 $450 each
- Offy 360 Dual Port intake, Offy's attempt at an economy intake; $350 $275
- Blue Thunder 4V intake (5th from left), CJ or low riser port size, run on my 69 Mach 1 in 2004-2005; $550 $500
- Edelbrock Victor (6th from left), this manifold was on my 706 HP 511" FE that I ran in my Mach 1 at Drag Week in 2005.  It has been modified to work with a 69-70 Mustang Shaker hood scoop, by milling the carb pad at an angle.  It has also been modified to work with either 4150 or 4500 series Holley carbs; the carb stud holes have been opened up and threaded, and large plugs thread into the holes.  There are smaller, offset holes in the plugs that hold the normal 5/16" carb studs.  By turning the large plugs, you can move the position of the carb stud holes and run either carb type.  The manifold has also been re-machined for a distributor hole, because the original hole was off.  The ports have been matched to the heads which were on the engine, which were larger than stock MR ports.  $750 Sold
- Edelbrock Performer RPM, unported; $375 Sold

Bottom row, from left to right:
- Edelbrock SP2P, what were they thinking LOL!  Probably a pretty good economy manifold, $275 Sold
- Edelbrock F427, also fifth from left, one ported to MR heads, one as-cast, $475 $425each
- Ford 428 PI intake, C7AE-9425-F, $550Sold
- Weiand 7282 intake, probably good for a blower conversion and that's it, $275 $250
- Ford 390 HP intake, $425 Sold
- Offy 360 4V intake, $325  $275

In the picture above, top row, from left to right:
- Edelbrock Streetmaster, as cast, $475 $450
- Edelbrock Victor, Dominator flange pattern, port matched to MR heads, $600
- Edelbrock F380 3X2 intake, $600 $525
- Edelbrock F68 6X2 intake, $1050
- Blue Thunder 4V intake, MR ports, this manifold has been machined for a removable divider, allowing plenum dividers with different amounts of cutout to be tested; $550 Sold
- Blue Thunder 4V intake, MR ports, this manifold has a flat carb pad, supposed to be for a GT-40 application, $550
- Ford Sidewinder intakes, one a little better than the other, lots of helicoils in both, $600 $525 each

Bottom row, left to right:
- C4SE cast iron Ford intake, better intake than the "S" for performance, $75; pick up at my place only, too heavy to ship
- Dove 4V single plane intake for 4150 carb, $700 $625
- Edelbrock Streetmaster intake, this one has been port matched to MR heads and has had the plenum work done, $550 475
- Edelbrock Performer 4V intake (not Performer RPM), as cast; $325
- Edelbrock Victor intake, 4150 carb flange, as-cast; $600 Sold

There are also a few intakes that are not on the wall, so here are those:

- On the left in the photo above is a factory 428CJ intake, date code 8J25, as cast; $400, pick up only since this intake is too heavy to ship.
- On the right in the photo above is a Performer RPM intake, port matched to MR ports; $375 Sold

Also not shown, I have a cast iron "T" intake and a cast iron "S" intake available, $75 for the S and $50 for the T, pickup only.

The two photos above show a hacked up PSE intake adapter and an Edelbrock Torker.  I bought these two together from some guy who was using them as a display.  The water jacket passage had been milled off and was filled, so it was not usable unless you wanted to take the water out of the front of the cylinder heads.  I modified the manifold to accept a pipe fitting and a couple of #10 AN fittings, so it could be used with a remote thermostat housing.  That is how I tested it.  The PSE base has a bunch of epoxy in it, and the 351C ports in the base and the intake manifold have been enlarged to something close to factory Ford 4V port size.  This manifold has also been cut, and if memory serves I had to use two intake gaskets on each side to get it to sit properly on the engine.  Basically, its kind of a mess but it can be made to work; I did the testing with the Torker and a Weiand tunnel ram that is reported in my book with this setup.  $450 for the manifold base and the Torker intake. Sold

All prices quoted here do not include shipping.  Contact me through a PM, or email jayb@fepower.net, if you have any questions.  Also, if you want to buy one of these intakes and take delivery at the FE Reunion to save on shipping costs, I'd be happy to work that out with you.  Thanks for your interest in the manifolds - Jay
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 08:47:30 PM by jayb »
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

mbrunson427

• View Profile
Re: Lots of FE Intakes for sale
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 06:12:00 PM »
Jay, can you lead me to where you did the intake comparison on the SOHC intakes? I’ve never seen that information.
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

FElony

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 06:48:54 PM »
I'm guessing one of the blacked-out intakes is a C7ZX. Anybody else?

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 07:19:22 PM »
Wow! I'd call it "Jays's FE Speed Shop"!

You put all the speed shops I've ever visited to shame! LOL
Bob Maag

plovett

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 08:17:39 PM »
Jay's garage has to be one of the ultimate FE hangouts.

JMO,

paulie

FElony

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2019, 08:40:45 PM »
...  Now that I'm fully committed to my own cylinder head and intake manifold design, I think its time to let some of these go. 

Translation: The cost of chicken feed is gettin' just TOO PLUCKIN' HIGH.

blykins

• View Profile
    • Lykins Motorsports
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 07:01:08 AM »

Nah.  Chevy intakes.
Brent Lykins
Lykins Motorsports
Custom FE Street, Drag Race, Road Race, and Pulling Truck Engines
Custom Roller & Flat Tappet Camshafts
www.lykinsmotorsports.com
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.customfordcams.com
502-759-1431
Instagram:  brentlykinsmotorsports
YouTube:  Lykins Motorsports

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2019, 10:21:24 AM »
Ha!  Blasphemy.  I blacked out a couple SOHC intakes that I will be keeping, and also a Dove high riser tunnel wedge.
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

482supersnake

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2019, 11:28:23 AM »

JMO,

paulie
That's nothing compared to Felony's intake collection ;)

FElony

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2019, 05:15:40 PM »

JMO,

paulie
That's nothing compared to Felony's intake collection ;)

There's no way Jay or anybody else can match my stack of 302-2V intakes. No way 'tall.

Here's a tip courtesy of my graciousness: Gots a couple of worthless 2V FE "T" intakes? Open up the dist hole a bit, and discover that it will fit over the large diameter collar on the Olympic-regulation barbell on the weight bench in your home gym, which I'm sure all you guys have. Ask me how I know. Frees up 150 lbs of regular weight plates for other bars. Gotsta think outside the box. Err, engine.

FElony

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2019, 05:19:23 PM »
...  Now that I'm fully committed to my own cylinder head and intake manifold design, I think its time to let some of these go. 

OK, who got the obscure movie inference whilst reading the above comment out loud?

FElony

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2019, 05:23:05 PM »

Nah.  Chevy intakes.

I lol'd so much I have no snappy comment.

FElony

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2019, 05:27:04 PM »
Ha!  Blasphemy.  I blacked out a couple SOHC intakes that I will be keeping, and also a Dove high riser tunnel wedge.

No fair you guessin', as you can walk up to the wall and peek under the blackouts. Cheater.

thatdarncat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2019, 06:43:43 PM »

OK, who got the obscure movie inference whilst reading the above comment out loud?

Used Cars with Kurt Russell ?
Kevin Rolph

1967 Cougar Drag Car ( under constuction )
1966 7 litre Galaxie
1966 Country Squire 390
1966 Cyclone GT 390
1968 Torino GT 390
1972 Gran Torino wagon
1978 Lincoln Mk V

FElony

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2019, 08:12:10 PM »

Used Cars with Kurt Russell ?

YAY! We have a weiner! Proof that sick minds think alike. You won Jay's Dove High Riser Tunnel Ram that he thought he was keeping. Contact Jay for shipping information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ip8gspFaH8  Warning for language, wussies!