Author Topic: 3.0 liter Ford 24V V-6 in Mazda Tribute  (Read 3770 times)

Russ67Scode

• View Profile
Re: 3.0 liter Ford 24V V-6 in Mazda Tribute
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2019, 04:39:17 PM »
I had a 2002 Mazda Tribute with 230000 miles on it.  Changed the fuel filter every other oil change
Did have a PVC hose go soft on me. And one coil go bad (dead miss)
I also cleaned out the IAC about every 4 th oil change  I can’t remember what the fuel injectors look like but if they are EV1 type there is a small (bucket) screen at the inlet that’s easy to change

BP 520 ci BBM Twin turbo FAST EFI

Bolted to Floor

• View Profile
Re: 3.0 liter Ford 24V V-6 in Mazda Tribute
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2019, 07:01:52 PM »
Oh yea, Stangman, I am in there. Went through most of my life with the tear it apart and see if I can fix it attitude. It’s already broke, how much worse can I make it!!

Hadn’t thought about hollowing out the Cats. That takes 2/3 of the dollars out of the Rockauto cart and gets it back on the road. Tags and inspection are good through December, so that buys me some time on replacing the cats. I know the CEL will stay on for now!!

I will go through with cleaning the MAF and throttle body. The EGR was a casualty of the back pressure, I think, and will be replaced. It has a extra hole that wasn’t there when I left the house that morning.

Those scan tools are nice and thanks for the suggestions. I will have a hard time justifying that to the my better half, seeing how the one I got only gets used about twice a year.

Thanks for the comments. I will walk away from the Mazda for a few days. The money that would have bought parts for this thing bought parts to rebuild the third member in the Mustang the week before!!! Time to get that back together.

John D -- 67 Mustang 390 5 speed