Author Topic: Axles for 63-64 Fullsize  (Read 1521 times)

chilly460

• View Profile
Axles for 63-64 Fullsize
« on: March 26, 2019, 07:54:55 AM »
Getting ready to order a new center section for my car and looking at axles.  There aren't any "shelf" axles for a 63/64 fullsize that I can find, has anyone here ordered a set and happen to have part numbers or know of a company that does stock them?  I don't want to tear the car down to pull the axles for measurement if I can avoid it. 

mbrunson427

• View Profile
Re: Axles for 63-64 Fullsize
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 08:34:51 AM »
I'm interested as well! I have 2 sets of 31 spline axles I need to order soon-ish.
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

gregaba

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 10:28:32 AM »
I buy mine from Strange Engineering. You will have to take out your old axles and measure them.
They are reasonable and very good quality.
Greg

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 01:03:10 PM »
I put Moser in the black car and the wagon.  The wagon is not stock length.  The black car was, although I did take 1/2" off the passenger side tube to move tire in for more clearance.  My guess is the body is not quite perfect and the 10" rim made the RR tire rub on the lip if anyone was riding in the back and hit a bump.

I can dig into my papers and see if I have the sheet, but that was near 20 yrs ago.  I used to have all the old stock axles, but did a scrap run a few years ago and pitched them all.

Best to just jack it up and pull them.  Sorry, not the answer you were looking for.
Larry

cattleFEeder

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 01:20:30 PM »
I just put a whole new rearend housing, gear and disc brakes in my 63.5 galaxie. I got everything from quickperformance, I am sure they would still have my build on record that they could look up axle length and make new ones.
Remember, RPM is your friend

GJCAT427

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 03:40:38 PM »
You have to check which bearing is in the rear. Its easy to do by looking at the rear brake drum and noting the size of the nut that holds them in. I have a master parts book and I can look up the axle length for it. I`ve got my notes for mine here someplace and was going to order a set for my Galaxie which is the big brg rear end..