Author Topic: Bummed out  (Read 3668 times)

Stangman

• View Profile
Bummed out
« on: March 25, 2019, 06:32:28 PM »
So Tuesday night at the end of work I was lifting steel beams and truck batteries and right before I left cracked a disc and it’s sitting on a nerve. Went to emergency room got MRI and not looking good. They rushed me in for an epidural so it doesn’t hurt real bad but my right leg is numb. So I don’t know when I’m getting it fixed I would have to imagine soon. I have a doctor appointment on the 8th but trying to get it moved up. Not sure how it works with workman’s comp but I’m on light duty full time so does that mean no FE reunion.??!!. That would really suck. I guess I have to talk to comp lawyer. Like I said BUMMER

plovett

Re: Bummed out
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 08:42:58 PM »
Sorry to hear that.  Wait and see.  Maybe you'll be surprised at how well you heal?

paulie

FElony

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 03:31:47 PM »
Sorry to read about this. Yes, I would talk to a lawyer soon.

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 04:55:55 PM »
Dang, hate to hear that, Joe. Back pain makes every movement painful. Hope you can get it healed up quick.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 05:48:59 PM »
Happened to me 25 years ago, still num in right leg
below knee.

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

plovett

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 06:52:31 PM »
I have broken my back 3 separate times. Crushed 4 vertebrae.   I am fine, but two inches shorter now.

I have no idea about legal issues, but I bet you will be okay physically.  Don't worry about the FE reunion.  Just do what you have to, to get healthy.

paulie

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2019, 07:53:37 PM »
Happened to me 25 years ago, still num in right leg
below knee.

That’s what I have now Heo all along the outside of my leg it’s numb, shit I hope if they fix this I get feeling back. Ya know I like to run a little, not to far but a few miles twice a week. Running with a numb leg is gonna be weird. Regardless gonna really miss the Beaver.

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2019, 07:56:13 PM »
Dang, hate to hear that, Joe. Back pain makes every movement painful. Hope you can get it healed up quick.

Thanks Doug was hoping to see your new additions to your Stang this year.

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2019, 07:58:37 PM »
I have broken my back 3 separate times. Crushed 4 vertebrae.   I am fine, but two inches shorter now.

I have no idea about legal issues, but I bet you will be okay physically.  Don't worry about the FE reunion.  Just do what you have to, to get healthy.

paulie

Thanks Paulie but since I’m just finding this all out I’d like to complain a little. :).

winr1

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2019, 09:38:31 PM »
Best wishes an hope there is a repair or such to get ya back in shape...

Ricky.

chris401

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2019, 09:45:12 PM »
It is important to hold your weight and keep good posture through this. The pain will likely make you start to slump over with out you realising it. Depression and less activity tends to make us want to eat more when we least need to gain weight. It is not easy to stay on top of posture and weight but the alternative leads to more pain. Although none of us can say we know how another persons pain is we can see the effects of getting out of shape. I will have been with my pain management clinic for 6 years this coming August and have seen a couple of fairly healthy people walking in slowly end up in a wheel chair or walker.

I miss the days of ignorance when I thought back pain was for the weak who could not handle a tight muscle. Now I sit on the throne of knowledge along with my fellow posters.

plovett

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2019, 03:53:10 AM »

paulie

Thanks Paulie but since I’m just finding this all out I’d like to complain a little. :).

I didn't mean it like that, Stangman.  I wasn't thinking you were complaining.  I just meant to say that I have had back injuries and have almost no residual problems now.  So hopefully you will get completely better,  too. 

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2019, 07:00:00 AM »
I didnt think that at all Paulie. Im not that thin skinned. I hope I have the same outcome as you.

plovett

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2019, 07:22:48 AM »
I didnt think that at all Paulie. Im not that thin skinned. I hope I have the same outcome as you.

Only thing that happens to me now is when I bend over to tie my shoe, my smashed vertebrae sometimes slide over each other and I let out a blood curdling yell.   It scares anybody near me.  :)

I will say this:  get a good doctor.  And if you are not absolutely sure they are good, try another one.  And another one.  I spent over a year with one of my biceps detached from my shoulder because I had a quack doctor.  I didn't know.   I had MRI's and everything.  I finally got a good doctor and he figured it out right away.  I wasted a year being one-armed because of that jackass.  And I work in a production job.   Jeez.   Life is funny.  :)

paulie
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 07:25:22 AM by plovett »

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2019, 09:46:37 AM »
Back issues...........ugh.
I've been dealing with it for decades.  The stabbing pains, stiffness, etc.  Just one dumb move and I'm racked for a few weeks.  Though I don't have any serious damage, I'm damaged goods.  I have a Teeter Inversion table I use on a regular basis that does help.

Chris, totally agree.  I have a good friend that fell into that.  He had knee issues, retired, got new knees but sat around and ate and gained a TON of weight and is now basically home bound.  Sad.  He was the big bull ox kind of man.  Strong.  Now he is just the fat old man that is helpless.  It's been horrible to watch.
Larry

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2019, 12:08:34 PM »
I geuss its a bitch getting old.

plovett

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2019, 03:43:46 PM »
They say it is better than the alternative.  :)