Author Topic: Information on Mississippi 427 Fairlane  (Read 5368 times)

fajr22

Information on Mississippi 427 Fairlane
« on: July 04, 2021, 11:21:36 AM »
This is a 427 Fairlane that was sold out of Mississippi in the mid 90’s. I bought the car recently and am looking for any information regarding this car. It appears as though the car was raced heavily to the point it was altered from a 66 to a 67 for racing or marketing purposes. Does anyone in the Mississippi area know the car or it’s history. The car was originally Aqua and raced in Wimbledon white, then painted its current color. YES ITS AN R CODE car was built in Atlanta early October 65 production, currently has 500 interior and denotes this on the door tag. Thank you.

Unfortunately I can’t upload the photos :(

Pm me and I can email them or text me 207-664-8699

JohnN-1BADFE

• View Profile
Re: Information on Mississippi 427 Fairlane
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 12:49:39 PM »
If the car is truly a 66 R code, then the original color was not Aqua.  The original color of all 66 R code Fairlanes were Wimbledon White.

You might try the "66 67 427 fairlane/67 427 comet registry" on Facebook to see if anyone may have info or be able to help out.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 12:55:44 PM by JohnN-1BADFE »
67 Fairlane GT - 390/451 stroker - 654HP / 552TQ

67 Fairlane S/W - 390/458 stroker with tri-power - 515HP / 595TQ

427John

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 03:01:36 PM »
If its a 66 R code Fairlane its one of 56 or 57 and as stated above would have been white.Definitely worth researching.

fajr22

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2021, 04:15:22 PM »
If the car is truly a 66 R code, then the original color was not Aqua.  The original color of all 66 R code Fairlanes were Wimbledon White.

You might try the "66 67 427 fairlane/67 427 comet registry" on Facebook to see if anyone may have info or be able to help out.

Unfortunately this isn’t always true. To the common knowledge person of Fairlane they were all white, but there were cars pulled from the line for marketing purposes and NOT counted amongst the original 57 built. I’m not here to debate it, I’m here to find the cars history to answer the where and who’s of its past. Thanks for commenting.

winr1

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2021, 06:58:33 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/groups/214578672222051/

Perhaps some info may be found here, not sure

Ricky.

fajr22

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2021, 08:15:22 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/groups/214578672222051/

Perhaps some info may be found here, not sure

Ricky.

That’s my car in the first post

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2021, 08:38:27 PM »
I remember the original Hot Rod or Car Craft article (can't remember which, but I do have the magazine) containing the "new" 427 Fairlane. It's a pretty extensive article, and the pictures are in black and white, but I do know the car was distinctly a dark color. Yes, it most likely was not a regular production car, but just shows that there were other versions produced.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

427FeWedge

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2021, 10:13:58 PM »
Well based on the photos on Facebook my first question is whether your car has the holes in the shock towers for the upper exhaust manifold bolts.
Over the years I've personally tried to purchase  8 of the 57 66 R-codes, all of them have been white, manual disc brakes, black bench seat interiors radio delete with heater.
I can see the bracket for the power brake booster on your car.
With out any additional info regarding the vin it is going to to be difficult to confirm what your car is.
I currently have a Vintage Burgundy 67 R-code 500LX Fairlane I have had for 20 years.

Rob

fajr22

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2021, 11:15:08 PM »
I remember the original Hot Rod or Car Craft article (can't remember which, but I do have the magazine) containing the "new" 427 Fairlane. It's a pretty extensive article, and the pictures are in black and white, but I do know the car was distinctly a dark color. Yes, it most likely was not a regular production car, but just shows that there were other versions produced.

EXACTLY!! We also know of the Ed Terry car that started off as a prototype and was raced extensively. I’ve seen the article as well, and that’s the area that I believe this car falls into.

As far as my Vin, I’ve given it to a few people to help with the car that also believe the car has a legitimate unique history. Passing it around isn’t doing anything more than VIN collecting. The point of the post is to find the previous owner and history of the car. That’s exactly why I’m searching for information regionally. The car likely is known to someone in the Mississippi area or southern racing community

GerryP

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2021, 07:06:18 AM »
I can see the bracket for the power brake booster on your car.

That may have been done to use those Weiand pentroof covers.  I have no opinion on this car being what is described.

BH107

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2021, 11:27:17 AM »

EXACTLY!! We also know of the Ed Terry car that started off as a prototype and was raced extensively. I’ve seen the article as well, and that’s the area that I believe this car falls into.

As far as my Vin, I’ve given it to a few people to help with the car that also believe the car has a legitimate unique history. Passing it around isn’t doing anything more than VIN collecting. The point of the post is to find the previous owner and history of the car. That’s exactly why I’m searching for information regionally. The car likely is known to someone in the Mississippi area or southern racing community

Don’t forget that the Ed Terry car was actually a Z code, not an R. You’ll need some extraordinary documentation to prove that you have a car that is outside of the official number of 66 R codes Ford is known to have built.

427FeWedge

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2021, 12:37:19 PM »
Contact Don Antilla up Southbury, Connecticut and get a Marti report.

thatdarncat

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2021, 01:28:38 PM »

There are no Marti reports for a ‘66, Marti reports start with the 1967 model year.
Kevin Rolph

1967 Cougar Drag Car ( under constuction )
1966 7 litre Galaxie
1966 Country Squire 390
1966 Cyclone GT 390
1968 Torino GT 390
1972 Gran Torino wagon
1978 Lincoln Mk V

427FeWedge

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2021, 01:44:13 PM »
Sorry, I forgot about that.

fajr22

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2021, 03:09:22 PM »

I have spoken with Don, he’s a Facebook friend.

BH107... Um that’s why I’m here trying to track down the cars history  ??? You’re pointing out the obvious. The point is like the July 66 Hot Rod article these cars do exist and ARE out there. That’s the entire point of trying to line out what the cars part was in history. I’m not making any false claims or assumptions, just the facts of the car and it’s existence. I find it strange that everyone wants to take their jab at it or discrediting a car they know ZERO about, rather than maybe ask around. The car IS AN R CODE with Ford Vins and tag. Like it or not.

427wedge.... Even if there was a Marti, it doesn’t mean it would give the cars history. Beyond production. Which if it was pulled, it likely could’ve left different than the Marti says.