Author Topic: Speedmaster 8 Stack Injection ?  (Read 3496 times)

427HISS

• View Profile
Speedmaster 8 Stack Injection ?
« on: September 11, 2017, 06:27:44 PM »
Speedmaster 8 Stack Injection. Good or Bad ?

Ford FE 390 427 Downdraft + FAST EZ-EFI 2.0 Fuel Injection System - Polished.
Looking for experts review of their system, compaired to the system by BORLA/TWM. Speedmaster is apx $1,000 depending on choises.

How's the quality ?
If someone uses the same electronics, it comes down to the intake and mechanicals design. Is it really that much different to Borla/TWM ? Will it save you money or sorrow ? (The black bodies is the Borla/TWM)

FElony

Re: Speedmaster 8 Stack Injection ?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 12:28:32 PM »
I was checkin' that Speedmaster unit out a while back. Tis a shame they don't actually have videos of of some of their products in action, like some other vendors. In this case, I would say contact the EZ-EFI company and see what, if any, experience or knowledge they may have. Perhaps some feedback from customers? I would think they would have at least tried a unit in-house before partnering up on this piece. And note that the polish job on the Speedmaster intake is marginal at best, and would take some detail work to look properly bitchin'.

scott foxwell

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 01:37:47 PM »
Speedmaster is Pro Comp. They had to change their name because their reputation was getting so bad, and for good reason. Personally, I wouldn't touch it. I would proceed with extreme caution and prejudice.

stangbuilder

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 02:57:20 PM »
I would not be so fast to kill this unit as i see it..If you can put the sportsman ECU on this deal i think it would be a cool setup.With 100% laptop tuneablity..Just have to make sure it has right size inj for your app..

scott foxwell

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 05:04:16 PM »
I would not be so fast to kill this unit as i see it..If you can put the sportsman ECU on this deal i think it would be a cool setup.With 100% laptop tuneablity..Just have to make sure it has right size inj for your app..
As long as you confirm the injector manufacturer (or just replace them), TPS, check all the tolerances on the butterflies, check the couplers, basically take it apart and check everything that comes from Speedmaster. They're very good at making things "pretty".

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 10:07:24 AM »
If - IF - they even stock it.  They list several items in their catalog that are basically not available.  I would confirm availability with a few phone calls.  I ordered a 351C "3V" intake from Jegs, cancelled the order after 1 year because Speedmaster could not deliver.