Author Topic: Hospital....  (Read 3117 times)

Heo

• View Profile
Hospital....
« on: December 06, 2019, 08:06:50 AM »
My father have been at the hospital for a few days.
I was there to pick him up today, there was a guy
that had not noticed he had dropped his piss bag
so he was towing it with the hose about 3 meters behind.
And there was this guy that fell asleep in his cereals that
woke up with yogurt dripping from his face looked around
an saw this guy towing the pissbag. And asked with a heavy
Finnish accent, Are you allowed to have the dog with you??? ;D ;D ;D ;D
We almost died trying to not laugh ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

shady

• View Profile
Re: Hospital....
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 10:50:43 AM »
Must have been a wiener dog.
What goes fast doesn't go fast long'
What goes fast takes your money with it.
So I'm slow & broke, what went wrong?
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner

428 GALAXIE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 12:18:25 PM »
Two Finns?

Must been ;D
Mikko

WConley

• No longer walking funny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 10:47:07 AM »
What do you do when you have a dog with no legs?  Take him out for a drag.

You have to have humor in hospitals!  They can be sad places.  I hope your dad is doing better Heo!
A careful study of failure will yield the ingredients for success.

plovett

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2019, 12:37:01 PM »
My dad also has a piss bag strapped to his leg.  Though it is usually half blood.  And yes, you have to laugh.

That is one UGLY dog!   :)

paulie

plovett

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2019, 12:49:15 PM »
One time we went out chainsawing trees and my dad has his piss bag strapped to his leg.  I guess if you nick the bag it is not a big deal.  You just don't have to empty it out?  It just runs down your leg.   You can't make this shit up.  LOL!

paulie

If I remember right we had a Stihl, a Tecumseh, and a McCulloch.  Orange, red, and yellow?   I am not sure now.  It seems like the Stihl cut the best and the McCulloch was the easiest to start?  We always had extra chains in case we were cutting out stumps and hit a rock.

My dad is pretty much deaf now because of this.  We didn't have the term "PPE" back then.  :)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 01:04:50 PM by plovett »

plovett

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2019, 01:51:53 PM »
Good thing this is the off topic forum.  :)

One time me and my dad were cutting down this ancient old oak tree.  I mean it had to be 4-5 feet across at the bottom.  We notched it well, we thought.  And I had climbed up and tied a strong rope up about 15-20 feet.  We tied the rope to the trailer hitch of our 1978 Dodge van.  We did this because we wanted the tree to fall a certain direction.  Behind the tree was a huge ravine, maybe 80 feet across and 40 feet deep.  In the ravine was a spring, so if the tree fell that way it would be a pain in the ass to cut it up and dispose of it.  We were trying to make it fall 180 degrees from the ravine.

So.....I am in the van with engine running when my dad makes the final back cut.   Lo and behold, the tree decides to go towards the ravine and spring...…Obviously we misread the weight of the branches and angle it was growing at.  Dang.

This was 30 plus years ago so I am not sure my memory is 100% correct, but I do remember hitting the gas in the van and the tire spinning.  No doubt it was an open differential and I was on dirt and grass.  I think the van went backwards and I do remember being alarmed.  I thought the tree was going to pull the van and myself into the ravine and spring.

Normally when a big heavy tree starts falling one direction, there is no stopping it.  However, sometimes the wood at the cut stops it and it hangs up.  That happened this time.  I was able to hit the gas again in this Slant Six , three on the tree, van, and pull this giant oak back the other way.  So it finally it fell away from the spring and we were alive and able to cut it up relatively easily.

Also, I have many images in my mind of my dad running like crazy when a big tree fell towards him instead of away.  The funny thing to me is he never dropped the chainsaw.  He just ran with it. I guess $150 was a lot in 1978? 

Maybe we were not so good of woodsmen?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 02:03:52 PM by plovett »

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2019, 02:30:17 PM »
Thats funny. When I was in 11th grade my cousin got the account to clear a path in Pennsylvania for a new road. If I remember correctly it was 250 feet wide and 5 miles long, it connected two roads. After about a week I could drop a tree on a dime. The first day you cut the trees down and the next you went back and cut them in 16 inch pieces and somebody followed with 2 log splitters and after the end of the day 2 big dump trucks came and you stacked the wood neatly in the bed of the truck. we used husqauvarna chain saws, they were big, heavy and extremely load. One day while cutting tree into 16 inch pieces I cut through a hornets nest, at full song I couldnt hear the chainsaw the hornets were so load. You never seen anyone run so fast . I got bit 25 times  :o

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2019, 05:21:49 PM »
Two Finns?

Must been ;D

How could you guess? ;D ;D

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2019, 05:47:06 PM »
What do you do when you have a dog with no legs?  Take him out for a drag.

You have to have humor in hospitals!  They can be sad places.  I hope your dad is doing better Heo!

He is recovering fine How he ended up there is another story...He had a triple bypass a couple of year ago
after he got a heart attack carrying some truck wheels. The doctors absolutely put a ban on him doing any
heavy lifts any more....One day my mother noticed he had a severe pain in his right leg. She tried to get him to
hospital he refused, no way they only going to keep me there ...Any way the pain got so severe so she called an
ambulance. At hospital they found out he had teared of a muscle in his right thigh. The doctor was furious, I said NO
lifting.  Dad said Oooh it was just a stone i had to move in the garden. To me he confessed he had lifted and carried an engine
and that was no problem until he squatted down with it, then something in the thigh snapped ::) ::)

WConley

• No longer walking funny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2019, 08:30:09 PM »

To me he confessed he had lifted and carried an engine
and that was no problem until he squatted down with it, then something in the thigh snapped ::) ::)

Your dad sounds like quite a character!  They don't make them like that anymore  ;)
A careful study of failure will yield the ingredients for success.

plovett

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2019, 01:51:59 PM »
Thats funny.  One day while cutting tree into 16 inch pieces I cut through a hornets nest, at full song I couldnt hear the chainsaw the hornets were so load. You never seen anyone run so fast . I got bit 25 times  :o

That's funny too!  One time I was mowing with a tractor on my dad's farm and ran over a hornets nest.  The nest was in the ground.  Honestly I don't know if they were hornets or something else.  It doesn't matter because they came up and starting stinging me on my back.  They looked the size of Bumble Bees, but I don't know what they were. How did they know to sting me?  I mean, I was on this big tractor with huge wheels and tires and a mower, and engine and frame.  How did they know that this small bit of flesh on top was the thing to sting?

So I pushed the throttle all the way forward in top gear.  It was a 3 speed!  But they were faster and they kept stinging me.  After maybe 50-75 yards I just jumped off and started running.  They were still stinging me over 100 yards away from their nest.  They were pissed off!

So was I.  :)

A little while later I came back with the tractor, drove over their nest, and turned the mower on.  I just sat there for 5-10 minutes.  Sure enough, they came back out, but this time they flew into the mower blades.  I could hear them hitting the blades.  Am I a good person?  probably not.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 01:55:35 PM by plovett »

plovett

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2019, 01:57:14 PM »
Sorry about your dad, Heo.

I should have said that first.

paulie

TomP

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2019, 04:59:28 PM »
A good person gets rids of stinging insects. I do. Had a big nest near the front door. Got stung almost every time I went outside. I tried the spray but it was up in a hole and then across where it couldn't be reached. I took the Shop Vac and stuck the hose with a long extension right into their entrance/exit hole and turned it on and left it there for a couple hours while banging on the wood under where the nest is.  You could hear the rapid "tick, tick, tick" of them coming down the hose!

I collected tens of thousands of them! Six inches deep in the Shop Vac.

plovett

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2019, 05:10:32 PM »
A good person gets rids of stinging insects. I do. Had a big nest near the front door. Got stung almost every time I went outside. I tried the spray but it was up in a hole and then across where it couldn't be reached. I took the Shop Vac and stuck the hose with a long extension right into their entrance/exit hole and turned it on and left it there for a couple hours while banging on the wood under where the nest is.  You could hear the rapid "tick, tick, tick" of them coming down the hose!

I collected tens of thousands of them! Six inches deep in the Shop Vac.

That is funny, too.  One of my jobs on the farm was to knock down wasp nests in the barn.  When you are little, fast, and agile, that is your job. The wasps would get so thick in the barn you couldn't work in there.  So I would climb up on the hay bales, maybe 20 feet up with a stick and knock their nests down.  Then I would run and jump off the hay bales.  Usually I got away unscathed.  Sometimes they got me, though. 

Sometimes we had insect poison in a can which I could spray on them, but usually I just had a stick.  The poison wasn't much better from my perspective because it didn't kill them immediately.  They still had a minute or two to try to get to me.

I left home and came back maybe 10 years later.  I hadn't been in that barn for 10 years.  As soon as walked in the door a wasp came down and stung me.  It was like it knew who I was. Like the wasps had been telling a mythical story about this killer human who used to destroy them and their nests.  Like it recognized me.  I was like, "okay that's fair".
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 05:12:26 PM by plovett »