Author Topic: Automotive auctions and quoting as fact "NO SALE" price figures  (Read 2306 times)

Qikbbstang

• View Profile
Today on Yahoo "news" I saw an Auto Journalist wrote: "last Hemi Cuda built had a bid of $4.1 million in 2005 without a sale." Note the "without a sale" phrase. Personally I feel the journalist is an ass for even listing the No Sale "Bid Figure".  The only SOLD figure he quotes is "around a million". So of course with his logic the next Hemi Cuda to hit the blocks should pull over $4 million as his article stated.  BTW I didn't look up that No Sale Hemi Cuda but recall Barrett Jackson's head honcho Craig Jackson (surprise surprise surprise in a RESERVE AUCTION) ran his ever so rare Hemi Cuda (NO SALE) through several years ago and I wonder IF that Hemi Cuda could be the writers source of that $4.1 figure? ............
Please read this article and note the source:

http://mikebrandlyauctioneer.wordpre...id-at-auction/

https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/rare-1971-plymouth-hemi-cuda-convertible-races-for-muscle-car-auction-record-180014190.html

ScotiaFE

• Howie
    • View Profile
Re: Automotive auctions and quoting as fact "NO SALE" price figures
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 07:02:05 AM »
If I had 4 million dollars...
The Cuda would be very far down the list...would not even be on the first page. ::)

TomP

Re: Automotive auctions and quoting as fact "NO SALE" price figures
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 07:32:50 PM »
 Since the world supply of 61 Meteor wagons seems to all be in my driveway i could artificially raise the value of them/it by putting mine in an auction and having a shill bidder and a reserve to bump it to some absurd number and not sell. Then potential buyers will see how valuable it is and need to snap it up while they can.

I think that might be how the rich people stores work. They looking like the last day of a closeout sale with almost nothing on display. I suppose it looks like you are buying something more exclusive when there aren't fifty the same on a shelf.