Author Topic: Ready for the season?  (Read 6408 times)

Stangman

• View Profile
Ready for the season?
« on: February 24, 2019, 01:04:27 PM »
Just wondering how everybody else is doing, how far away are you from being ready for this upcoming cruising or race season. I for one need to make an intake swap although if I wanted I could go and take my car for a ride. Just been slacking a little lately myself.

I guess I should have put this in discussion part ::) :o
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 01:06:32 PM by Stangman »

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
Re: Ready for the season?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 01:07:14 PM »
I never stopped.

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 01:21:02 PM »
You gonna get to the Beaver Drew. I hear your doing some carbs for my friend Steve for his Galaxie.

fryedaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 01:32:03 PM »
im ready to put my other set of wheels on.every march or april i take my stock wheels off and put on my set with street slicks and front runners for summer driving.i also uncap my headers too.
1966 comet caliente 428 4 speed owned since 1983                                                 1973 f250 ranger xlt 360 4 speed papaw bought new

Posi67

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 01:51:16 PM »
Nope... Changing motors and putting in a fresh clutch as soon as I get motivated enough. Old stuff is out but I've done nothing the past 2 months. We're about 2 months away from our 1st race date so I can procrastinate a while longer.

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 03:01:24 PM »
You gonna get to the Beaver Drew. I hear your doing some carbs for my friend Steve for his Galaxie.

Yup, he sent me a 1850-2, I'm doing some 2x4 600's for him, and I think he wants a -U cj carb.
He called yesterday and I don't think he's gonna do the intake swap before the beaver.

I am technically off work that weekend and am considering going.  Only issue is I may need to fly out of PA to go back to work, so I dunno, I'll see when it gets closer.

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 03:52:30 PM »
I must change waterpump and tank. Zero motivation
had planned to take of the front and clean up the engine
bay and send all the black parts to powder coating but
season in two months so i do it next winter
have been working on the Packard Roadster with my
father so we can send the last parts to the painter
and finnish that car. So maybe i drive Packard this summer

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

james

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2019, 03:56:56 PM »
Just wondering how everybody else is doing, how far away are you from being ready for this upcoming cruising or race season. I for one need to make an intake swap although if I wanted I could go and take my car for a ride. Just been slacking a little lately myself.

I guess I should have put this in discussion part ::) :o

I sure am since this bad boy as been down about two years and will be started for sure within the next two weeks.

shady

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2019, 04:04:20 PM »
I have two motor swaps & three trans. swaps + one rear.  Plus I'm still buying parts. 
What goes fast doesn't go fast long'
What goes fast takes your money with it.
So I'm slow & broke, what went wrong?
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2019, 06:37:04 PM »
Waiting impatiently for some warmer weather to get out and work on the car. Technically, it doesn't need anything, but I just bought a Jerico that I'd like to get in before the FER&R this year. Hoping I can make some headway on my traction issues while there, provided the weather cooperates. After the R&R, the real work will begin.

The bad rear main leak that plagued me on the Galaxie last year on Drag Week, doesn't seem to be an issue at anything less than highway speeds, so I'll probably just fix the leaking rear axle seal and call it good for the year and enjoy some cruising in it.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

6667fan

• Every Second Counts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2019, 07:05:51 PM »
Working with Brent on picking cam for next iteration of 427 stroker.  Also changed builders after 35 years with the same guy. Hoping to have it back in time for the R & R.
JB

67 Fairlane 500
482 cid 636/619.
Tunnel Wedge, Survival EMC CNC heads, Lykins Custom Hydraulic Roller, Ram adjustable clutch, Jerico 4-spd, Strange third member with Detroit Locker, 35 spline axles, 4.86
10.68@125.71 1.56 60’

Lenz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2019, 07:33:54 PM »
Waiting impatiently for some warmer weather to get out and work on the car.
The song of the north, true as it gets.  Working on putting the overdrive into my F100, the Galaxie just needs to be removed from the bag and cleaned up, ready to go at it again.  Snow with 50+mph winds as I type this, reckon we'll wait a week or so.
Len Zielinski
'64 Galaxie 500 445 Toploader
'69 F100 300 stick

Nightmist66

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2019, 07:58:33 PM »
Nope... Changing motors and putting in a fresh clutch as soon as I get motivated enough. Old stuff is out but I've done nothing the past 2 months. We're about 2 months away from our 1st race date so I can procrastinate a while longer.

I hope it's another 390. I really enjoy seeing your car run well with one. You're one of the few "390" guys left that hasn't gone the stroker route......

I hope to have my car running this year, but I've said that the last two......
Jared

66 Fairlane GT 390 - .035" Over 390, Wide Ratio Top Loader, 9" w/spool, 4.86

Posi67

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2019, 08:12:37 PM »

The 390 is getting a rest. Had a look at the bearings etc. and everything is fine (so far) but it needs valve springs and some new spark plugs. I've got an old 428 here that could use some abuse so it's going in. I've run this engine before and it's bit quicker so that's part of my reasoning.

Getting older makes it harder to get excited about this stuff (at least for me) but then not getting younger means we should do it while we still can.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 08:14:18 PM by Posi67 »

blu64galaxie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2019, 12:42:11 AM »
I'd like to do several things this spring, but not sure yet if I'll do any of the pricier ones, ha.  The car ran nicely right through til the end of last year's cruise season, albeit a pretty short one.... But oh heck, if we wind up with high temps in the 70s this summer, my run-warm problem will fix it's self, teehee.  Just tongue in cheek along with a healthy eye roll.

It's been a nice winter distraction, coming here and reading lotsa FE goodies, ... to try and get rejuvenated and motivated, thanks all for that !  We lost one of our furry 'kids' around mid-Jan so it's been hard to get into much. Now we're looking at a new pup, so I'm excited  --and with that I'm thinking my mojo will bounce back into 'spring fever' mode, ahhh.  ;D

Norm
Norm Russo  blu64galaxie

1964 Galaxie 500  aka 'the blue goose'