Author Topic: Hearing doorbell in back yard?  (Read 3386 times)

FElony

Hearing doorbell in back yard?
« on: March 30, 2019, 02:29:17 PM »
Can't hear doorbell when diddling with cars in back yard. What are you guys doing about this? Need 100-150' range. Battery or solar, portable?

Heo

• View Profile
Re: Hearing doorbell in back yard?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 02:48:43 PM »
Air raid siren ;D. No seriulsly there is small electrical sirens
you can install to be trigered by the phone, doorbell or motion
sensor etc. My dad have one in the shop as a burgular alarm
Yes you hear it 150`away loud and clear ;D

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

shady

• View Profile
What goes fast doesn't go fast long'
What goes fast takes your money with it.
So I'm slow & broke, what went wrong?
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner

Dan859

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 03:51:26 AM »
So, I'm guessing this is after they successfully get past the punji traps and claymore mines, yes?

FElony

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 12:31:09 PM »
So, I'm guessing this is after they successfully get past the punji traps and claymore mines, yes?

Yes, because you would think that Spetsnaz types would be polite enough to ring the bell first.

FElony

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 12:33:43 PM »
Air raid siren ;D. No seriulsly there is small electrical sirens
you can install to be trigered by the phone, doorbell or motion
sensor etc. My dad have one in the shop as a burgular alarm
Yes you hear it 150`away loud and clear ;D

Sure, a siren goes off, gives me a fatal heart attack, local cats devour my remains. Sounds perfect!

Dan859

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2019, 12:36:09 PM »
"Don't ask for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee".

FElony

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2019, 12:41:26 PM »
"Don't ask for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee".

When the Post Office tolls the bell to get a signature for a package, and I don't show up, I'm sure that employee wishes bad things for me.

Oh well, another serious post down the tubes. It sucks having a reputation. I'll do some homework, come up with something clever, and not report it back here.

jmlay

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2019, 12:57:45 PM »
Any reason you are prevented from connecting a second doorbell outside? They bay be connected in parallel.
Mike

FElony

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2019, 02:48:06 PM »
Any reason you are prevented from connecting a second doorbell outside? They may be connected in parallel.

I read this post just before taking a break from lunch. It occurred to me that I didn't know exactly where the bell was inside. Sounds weird, I know. I opened the front door and pushed the fancy schmancy button. Nothing. Great. So I unscrewed the sucker to see if there was a broken wire or whatever. No wires. No hole for wires. Therefore, no bell sound inside. Much like myself, the door button is an ornamental dummy.

Who in blazes builds a house this size with no doorbell? The couple I bought it from, that's who. Small wonder the people serving subpoenas and restraining orders always knock. Loudly.

Now I have to come up with a trick solution involving a motion sensor aimed down the walkway to the porch, triggering video to my phone via Bluetooth. Or, in light of my big FAIL in this matter, just submit to the inevitable and check into an assisted care facility.

Decisions. Decisions.

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2019, 03:15:10 PM »

Any reason you are prevented from connecting a second doorbell outside? They may be connected in parallel.

I read this post just before taking a break from lunch. It occurred to me that I didn't know exactly where the bell was inside. Sounds weird, I know. I opened the front door and pushed the fancy schmancy button. Nothing. Great. So I unscrewed the sucker to see if there was a broken wire or whatever. No wires. No hole for wires. Therefore, no bell sound inside. Much like myself, the door button is an ornamental dummy.

Who in blazes builds a house this size with no doorbell? The couple I bought it from, that's who. Small wonder the people serving subpoenas and restraining orders always knock. Loudly.

Now I have to come up with a trick solution involving a motion sensor aimed down the walkway to the porch, triggering video to my phone via Bluetooth. Or, in light of my big FAIL in this matter, just submit to the inevitable and check into an assisted care facility.

Decisions. Decisions.

??? ;D ;D ;D ;D

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

FElony

FElony

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2019, 03:49:38 PM »
Look into these. Inexpensive.

https://www.wyze.com/

Or a wireless doorbell:

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1CDGOYI_enUS748US748&hl=en-US&biw=667&bih=325&ei=ciShXN7jEYaetAWe1r_ADA&q=remote+doorbell&oq=remote+doorbell&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-serp.12...0.0..14315...0.0..0.0.0.......0.I37KfCtH3K0

I like the Wyze product, but I need iPhone/Siri compatibility. I'll call Wyze and see who they know. The other stuff is a maybe. Thanks for the links!