Author Topic: New/Old guy  (Read 4940 times)

billballinger

• View Profile
New/Old guy
« on: July 31, 2011, 08:53:23 AM »
I posted this in the wrong place i think, I put it in the introductions thread.  I am still getting used to this layout, so i will repost my introduction.

I am Bill Ballinger.  Many of you know me from the old forums.  This is my new home. It is a well laid out forum, that allows for things lacking in the other forum.  I have been misunderstood over in the old forums, and I know that many of you share both.  Please understand that I will respect the rules of this forum the same as I did the old ones.  I won't post anything that I don't have first hand knowledge of without a qualifier to guide the reader to a source with better understanding.

Also, I will carry no emotional baggage into this forum.  Any contact of a personal nature must be conducted via personal email or personal message.  But that said, I want all of our interactions to be fun.  Life is too short to waste on negativity.  This is a fresh start, and hopefully Jay can keep the bullies who have taken over the other forum out.  :-)

Anyway, I am happy to a part of this forum, and if you have any questions I can answer I will do so, or direct you to the best source I know just as I always have.

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
Re: New/Old guy
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 01:46:15 PM »
Welcome aboard, Bill.  I started this forum for several reasons, one of which is the issues you mentioned on the FE Forum.  We're going to try to keep it a little more positive here - Jay
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

WConley

• No longer walking funny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 11:31:46 PM »
Welcome Bill!  Glad to see you here.  :D
A careful study of failure will yield the ingredients for success.

The Magic Ratchet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 08:31:47 AM »
Bill, you don't know me but I've sure read a lot of your posts "over there" and it's good to see you here. Thanks for joining us.

Lou Manglass
Lou Manglass
Proud owner of "The Magic Ratchet"

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 02:24:13 PM »
Hey Bill,

Good to see you're still kickin'.....over here at least! Glad to see your post.
Bob Maag

billballinger

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 08:56:56 AM »
Hey Bill,

Good to see you're still kickin'.....over here at least! Glad to see your post.

Thanks.  I still look in over on the old forum, but there are folks who just don't understand what we founded that forum for.  It was kind of like a pub.  I miss that.  It is more like a biker bar now, and hate having to carry a gun just to talk about cars.

Backatcha! :)

billballinger

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 08:57:54 AM »
Welcome Bill!  Glad to see you here.  :D

You are a gentleman and a scholar, great company makes for great discussion.

billballinger

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 08:59:42 AM »
Bill, you don't know me but I've sure read a lot of your posts "over there" and it's good to see you here. Thanks for joining us.

Lou Manglass

Thank you Lou.  I will enjoy reading your posts also.  I am catching up on my correspondence, or I would have thanked you all sooner.