Author Topic: Auto Jigglers Pick Set  (Read 3377 times)

chris401

Auto Jigglers Pick Set
« on: November 08, 2016, 10:31:37 AM »

thatdarncat

• View Profile
Re: Auto Jigglers Pick Set
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 11:43:19 AM »
My dad used to do some locksmith work on the side years ago and I got a chance to help occasionally. Jiggler keys can work but it takes a fair amount of practice to learn the touch, just like learning to pick a lock ( or most any other skill ). A lot figures in to how successful you will be - some locks are more secure than others, or worn out. And we've all seen keys where say, all the cuts are in a fairly straight line instead of randomly deep and shallow. You get the idea. You could spend hours ( or days ) with those and not open the lock, or get it right away. One issue I see with the set you posted the link to, is I don't know how well they would work with a Ford car that has double sided keys and the "jog" they take. Ford was smart not to just place the bottom side cut inline with the top. And there were more car companies that went to the double sided keys by the '70's & '80's. I'm guessing there are probably better quality Jiggler sets out there that are more specific to different types of locks. One other trick that locksmiths use are "Try Out" keys - big sets of actual keys that have many different combinations of the possible cuts ( pretty much impossible to have them all ) and you literally try them all out until maybe one works. If you scrap out lots of cars you can put your own set together by saving old keys.  I'm assuming here you want to do this legally and not planning on becoming a career criminal, the best thing I observed was learning many techniques since no one thing will always be successful. For example, in many instances on a older car a "Slim Jim" will probably be easier. On newer cars there is often too much "stuff" inside the door and in the way of getting to something the Slim Jim can hook on to. But of course, the Slim Jim only works on the door lock and not the ignition.
Kevin Rolph

1967 Cougar Drag Car ( under constuction )
1966 7 litre Galaxie
1966 Country Squire 390
1966 Cyclone GT 390
1968 Torino GT 390
1972 Gran Torino wagon
1978 Lincoln Mk V

FElony

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 02:59:32 PM »
I bought that set back in the late 80's because auto makers were starting to put shields into their doors so slim jims became difficult or impossible to use. That set came with an instruction manual that described some of the technique to employ, and also matched the key shapes to certain types of locks. IIRC, in the Amazon pic, the fourth jiggy down from the left would be the post-'65 Ford key.

Although I bought those because myself or one of my employees would occasionally get locked out of a customer's vehicle, the real value was soon realized. My personal car and shop stereo/alarm demo was my '86 Cougar. Of course, it was the first car I tried to pick. After a little practice, I could open the door and start the car in under 15 seconds. Can you imagine showing this to customers? Slam DUNK instant alarm sale! With the endless procession of various vehicles, I got very good at going out in the parking lot and opening a prospective buyer's car right in front of him/her, pointing out that anybody could get a hold of those jigglers.

As Kevin said, there is a certain amount of Zen involved. Most of the time I practiced with my eyes closed so I could become one with the lock. Some people here know what I mean. However, there were some cars that I could not crack, no matter how much Yoda implored The Force to be with me.

So, for the price, I say have at it. I made so much money with mine, that I should dig them out and have them gold-plated.

chris401

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 11:37:17 PM »
Do either of you recommend a different set or a complement addition to the one I listed? Only interested in American motor companies but Europeans for the same money would be a bonus.

The master key set is a no go till I find a new locksmith. I still have a few International and Peterbilt keys from my dealership days if anyone is interested.

thatdarncat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 11:53:36 AM »
I don't have any recommendation, I do know there are Locksmith supply companies on the internet ( lock parts, key blanks, etc. ), you may just want to do some searching and see what's out there. I would guess somewhere on the worldwide web there may be a locksmith forum whose members have advice. I agree with FElony, at least the price of that set isn't too expensive if you want to give it a try, although I think their shipping price is excessive. The only other thing I'd add, if a person was handy and had some tools you could probably make your own jiggler keys in the shop just by duplicating what you see there, the downside would be that you won't get any instructions and guidance they might provide. 
Kevin Rolph

1967 Cougar Drag Car ( under constuction )
1966 7 litre Galaxie
1966 Country Squire 390
1966 Cyclone GT 390
1968 Torino GT 390
1972 Gran Torino wagon
1978 Lincoln Mk V

FElony

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 01:08:26 PM »

chris401

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 04:38:01 PM »

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 05:07:52 PM »
I remember when those first came around also, there was a guy coming around that not only had those but it was a whole kit and it wasnt cheap of course because it just came out. I never could get the hang of it, I guess I would never be a good thief.

FElony

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 07:20:40 PM »
I remember when those first came around also, there was a guy coming around that not only had those but it was a whole kit and it wasnt cheap of course because it just came out. I never could get the hang of it, I guess I would never be a good thief.

Go to YouTube and enter "using jiggler keys" in the search bar. YOU CAN BE the thief you always wanted to be! YES YOU! Realize your dream and live in the lap of LUXURY!

BTW, I am available to hold motivational seminars in Anytown, USA. Fees are payable to the FElony Foundation, with all proceeds to benefit me, myself, and I. Thank you.

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 11:45:18 PM »
Thanks Felony its nice to see all the help you can get around here.