Author Topic: I went to a garden party  (Read 6269 times)

KMcCullah

• View Profile
I went to a garden party
« on: June 08, 2014, 02:17:07 PM »
The gentleman that I purchased the Genesis block from called me last week and invited my wife and I to his wedding reception. He was married a few months and is just now getting around to his reception. His honeymoon lasted a little longer than most I guess.  :) While we were there he allowed me to take a few pics. All I had was my Blackberry with me so please excuse any quality issues. I hadn't planned on taking any photos.

This is the 63 1/2 Gal that I mentioned in my barn find post. What a clean job he did building it. Heck everything this guy lays his hands on comes out nice.

The engine has a FOMOCO side oiler block with a 4.25 stroker kit. Solid tappet with ported Ed heads and a 2x4 med riser intake. Long cast headers too.

The A/C Cobra he built with road course racing in mind but it's also street legal. It has a full tubular chassis with a four link coil-over rear suspension. The tranny is a close ratio top loader big input and big output.

The engine he built for this one is an all aluminum 482 with a Shelby block. Ported Ed heads with a FOMOCO Tunnelwedge. Flat tappet cam also. He said he tried several solid rollers but kept killing the lifters.

He also has a like for Harley-Davidson bikes. He builds them, rides them a little and sells them. Here's a couple of his latest builds.

We have the same taste with flames too. Except all I can afford to paint with flames are mailboxes. ;D

He has a really cool 1972 highboy he built. It has a Cummins with a NV4500 trans out of a wrecked 2005 Dodge dually. It's like the ultimate tow vehicle. Looks good and pulls hard. It was getting dark when I took the photo so you can't really see the dark blue metallic paint. Pretty color though.

The Mustang he said has a 650hp Roush engine with a supercharger. My wife WANTS this car bad!

He also has a like for antique Case tractors. I saw 3 or 4 different ones that he had completely restored also. But it got too dark to get any pics with my phone. All I can say is he doesn't miss much when it comes to fine details. What a beautiful collection. And what a nice guy too.This was by far the best wedding reception that I've ever been invited to.  8)
Kevin McCullah

cjshaker

• View Profile
Re: I went to a garden party
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 03:14:59 PM »
That '63 is really sharp. Flames are hard to pull off, but those look good. Hand done too, since they aren't mirror image.

I see he also has a fondness for Marilyn Monroe and vintage Playboy calendars. He definitely has good taste :)
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

KMcCullah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 08:45:18 PM »
His shop has a pin up girl theme. His man cave has a cowboy theme. John Wayne and such.
 Something I forgot to mention was his GT-40. He recently sold his 2005 GT-40. He said while he had it he put 18,000 miles on it. That's a lot for a super car I think. 2 summers ago he was driving it down to the Gateway auto museum for a car show. It's a long winding road between Grand Junction and Gateway. The perfect setting to stretch the GT's legs. He said he had slowed down to 95mph or so and mid way through a corner hit a deer. He showed me several pics of the destruction. What a mess! He managed to keep it on the road somehow. Had to ship it back east to get it fixed. It took 8 months and several trys before they got it right. I guess there's only a few shops in the US that will even touch a GT-40.
Do you still have your GT-40 Jay?
Kevin McCullah

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 11:57:43 PM »
Yes, I still have mine, and I continually hear about all the other ones that have been wrecked LOL! Mine is still pretty pristine, with only about 4800 miles on it. 

That is one hell of a garage that guy has; too bad about his GT but I think I'd feel worse wrecking that Galaxie  :D
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

KMcCullah

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 07:33:04 AM »
I don't want to discourage you from driving your GT, Jay. But after hearing all of the headaches the guy had getting it fixed I'd be terrified to drive it.  :o
Kevin McCullah

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 09:12:42 PM »
Mine is still pretty pristine, with only about 4800 miles on it. 

And half of those miles were probably put on in one week of Drag Week!

I don't want to discourage you from driving your GT, Jay. But after hearing all of the headaches the guy had getting it fixed I'd be terrified to drive it.  :o

I'm terrified to drive ANY of my cars through the local cities. I avoid them like the plague, just too many idiots on phones or jabbering away not paying attention. All the insurance in the world will not put your car back the way it was before an accident. That's why I prefer quiet country roads and old seldom traveled highways. The only thing I have to look out for there are deer ::)
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 11:08:29 PM »
Mine is still pretty pristine, with only about 4800 miles on it. 

And half of those miles were probably put on in one week of Drag Week!

Actually, about two thirds  ;D
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

427Fastback

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 12:20:44 AM »
I would pay a good dollar for the Cummins powered Ford pick-up.I learned a year ago that sometimes  shit just happens.......Cory

1968 Mustang Fastback...427 MR 5spd (owned since 1977)
1967 Mustang coupe...Trans Am replica
1936 Diamond T 212BD
1990 Grizzly pick-up

Ratbird

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 09:57:52 AM »
Wow, I was in Grand Junction less than a week ago. Wish I could have met htis guy!
Everything between here and Grand Junction is deer and elk country. He's lucky as hell he was in a low car cuz a deer is the perfect height to go right through a car windshield. I've seen a few of them, including my kids and ex who were lucky enough to hit an elk. The police said if it had been a deer it would have hurt or killed someone. The elk went right off the top of the windsheild and over the car.
1959 T-bird - rat kind of a thing
FE 410ci bored .030 over, 4 sp toploader
pure fun

KMcCullah

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 11:12:16 AM »
He was lucky! The deer kinda glanced off the Passenger side front and went over the top. You should have sent me a PM, Dave, when you were in town. We could have treated my new neighbors to an FE soprano.  8)
Kevin McCullah

Ratbird

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2014, 11:48:02 AM »
I think the FE's would have been more like a "baritone" Kevin.

I'm never thinking ahead Kevin, I always picture all these forum people as on the east coast and central states.

Dave

1959 T-bird - rat kind of a thing
FE 410ci bored .030 over, 4 sp toploader
pure fun

bn69stang

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 07:16:36 PM »
Nice garage full of toys , i am glad he let you share the cars , bikes .. thanks   Bud
69 mach 1 , 428 C J  Blue Oval Performance BBM heads -T@D rocker s- Blue thunder intake - Comp hydr roller - MSD ignition - FPA headers- Holley 850 hp double pumper - TKO 600 - 9 inch 3.89 Detroit Locker . ride tech coil over conversion - power rack @ pinoin steering - 13 inch drilled @ slotted 4 wheel disc brakes ..