Author Topic: Fe water pumps  (Read 1259 times)

Sand hauler

• View Profile
Fe water pumps
« on: June 04, 2021, 10:27:57 AM »
Awhile back,the subject of water pumps came up and the bracket fitment for some people useing the Stewart/ EMP pump was mentioned. I just got off the phone with them and learned that we can send our old stock pumps to them and they will rebuild it with there new internals and bearings for around 70$ plus shipping. So that would be a great alternative that would avoid any fitment issues especially for the early motor pumps. Just thought I'd pass this information along. Hope everyone has a wonderful day and weekend 🙂
Bobby-   Carlsbad, NM

MeanGene

• View Profile
Re: Fe water pumps
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2021, 12:56:01 PM »
Have a website link?

Keith Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 01:22:21 PM »
I found fitment issues out the hard way. The Edelbrock pump does not work with the 67-8 lateral brace. The snout at the front of the bypass hose protrudes too far. There is also fitment issues with the reinforcement rib and the 67 style alternator lower support bracket which required material removal.

I used the EMP thermostat. The work great as well.

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2021, 04:24:00 PM »
Kieth I also had to grind away for the bracket on the reinforced ribs. Alot actually. Hey look at it as a weight savings. ;)

Keith Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2021, 05:11:11 PM »
Yes. I think I took out a couple ounces of aluminum. The worst part is that this was on a 384.00 polished aluminum Edelbrock pump. It was completely hid with behind the bracket. When I put the AC back on with the York pump and all the factory brackets I was forced to buy another pump. The lateral support brace that supports the compressor and makes the distributor a bitch to get to would not clear the snout where the bypass nipple is on the rear of the pump.
Another 200.00 on a Chrome Cast Iron high flow water pump did the trick.  I hate learning things the hard way. I called Edelborck and they played along as they had never heard of the issue. You can't tell me I was the first call this problem.

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2021, 05:15:46 PM »
I tell ya its hard to get a straight answer sometimes. I definetly took alot off to get the bracket on

Keith Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2021, 05:22:29 PM »
1967 FE cars with no smog came with that very thick half-moon support bracket and the upper adjuster was that dog-leg shaped version. The 68 without smog uses a lower half-moon that is about half as thick as the 67.  Maybe the Truck engineering number was because the car used dual alternator drive belts. It also has the huge 7AB power steering pulley that is 5.5" in diameter that is offset forward because of the heavy duty alternator drive.

Sand hauler

• View Profile
Bobby-   Carlsbad, NM