Author Topic: Looking for Hooker headers #6375  (Read 1155 times)

Darkman

• View Profile
Looking for Hooker headers #6375
« on: May 16, 2023, 01:50:43 PM »
I've been looking for awhile for these headers with no luck. Can anyone help me out. To be installed on a 1969 428CJ Mustang.

Thought I found some in Texas but the seller suddenly quit communicating after I stated I wanted them and how can we arrange payment.

FE4ME

• View Profile
Re: Looking for Hooker headers #6375
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2023, 01:01:11 PM »
Recently saw a set on craigslist in san diego CA

Jim Kramer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 09:46:35 AM »
i may have something you might be interested in. They are the competition hookers 6375 I think, but we would need to talk first before we got serious about the deal. Text me at 319 two three 0 4671. Thanks Jim Kramer   

pbf777

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2023, 03:52:06 PM »
           So, just out of curiosity I checked (as we are a W.D. for Holley Brands) to see if Hooker/Holley, as they still list this number, though stated "Not Available", whether they were ever going to produce them again?  The answer is "nope", "discontinued", never to made again!   :(

O.K., maybe not totally new news, but perhaps a bit more absolute than just "we ain't got'em".  So if you want a set, find a set, a good set, I wouldn't argue over the price too much!  ;)

Scott.

Darkman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2023, 04:32:35 PM »
Thanks Jim,

I messaged you. If you do not receive it. Call 8 five 0 79 one two 336

hwoods

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2023, 03:47:24 PM »
Madddog that makes the headers for Thunderbolt clones may have a pattern if some of the other options don't work out
it is hard to balance your check book with your testoserone level
Previous FE Cars:   1965 Ford Galaxie 390/4spd then upgraded to 427 sideoiler
1970 Maverick 427 sideoiler.  X Pro Stock Car
Current build in progress 1964 Thunderbolt Clone

Darkman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2023, 10:45:31 AM »
I purchased from Jim but I'd like to find another set. His needs a very little work and was sold at a very fair price. Very happy with him and the headers. BUT if I can find a unicorn (still in box) I'd gladly buy them too.

On a sadder note I was replied to from a 2019 post by a scammer claiming to have what I seek. Even worse he stole pictures from a seller here named Tim and tried to pass them off as the "unicorn"! Very sad. Suspicious from the start my communication with the gentleman was sideways from the start. User Chrisfucs started thus by recommending an email to the owner. I'm posting this to warn the unexposed to scammers members.

Here is my e-mail correspondence. If you read this from the bottom up it will make sense. PayPal has a good system designed to protect the buyer.

My last reply to him is the part immediately below. Go to end and read up for full messages.

And I worked hard for mine. I'm also retired Deputy Sheriff with the last 15 years as an Economic and High Technology Crimes Investigator.  So I've seen ever scam there is and that makes me see red flags. I'm offering to drive there and pay cash to pick up the headers and your saying no. I dont understand that. How are you going to get hurt? COD is safe and nobody gets hurt yet you say you don't know anything about it. I try to explain the simplicity of it and yet you only want to use the only payment method that I have no protection with and guarantees your anonymity.  There is only a 4% fee to use regular Paypal and I agreed to pay that yet you refuse. PayPal said they deemed your account suspicious and you didn't offer to contact them and resolve the issue. Instead You want me to use your wife's account who strangely doesnt have your last name or Saxe Cooper is not your name only a screen persona. You were reccomended to me by a user that had never posted and that's suspicious!  Further the pictures you sent are pictures from 2019 and owned by a man named Tim. 

Charles In Pensacola AKA Darkman

-------- Original message --------

Date: 6/19/23 07:06 (GMT-06:00)

To: darkman270 <darkman270@cox.net>

Subject: Re: Hooker 6375 headers

Hello

I have so considerate enough..  I make a suggestion if you paying only shipping and I will ship to buy it seems you are thinking of me ripping you off your money which I won’t because I work hard for mine… 

That’s is the best I can do.

On Mon, Jun 19, 2023 at 10:22 AM darkman270 <darkman270@cox.net> wrote:

I do want the headers. We just have to figure this out. Where in Missouri?  Maybe I can drive there and pick them up.

Date: 6/17/23 20:40 (GMT-06:00)

Hello

I’m not familiar with COD..  I only accept PayPal payment and you don’t want to do that . I really wants to sell but without any payment I can’t send my headers and I will not get my money ..

Thanks 

On Sat, Jun 17, 2023 at 10:47 PM darkman270 <darkman270@cox.net> wrote:

Is there a problem sending it COD. IT DOES NOT COST YOU ANTHING. Only me. I do want the headers and I have the money. Let's get this done. You get the money I get the headers. 

Thanks 

Date: 6/15/23 13:49 (GMT-06:00)

Are you still interested?

On Wed, Jun 14, 2023 at 9:29 PM Saxe Cooper <saxecooper75@gmail.com> wrote:

Okay 

Let me know when you get the payment done.. So I can ship and send you the tracking number..

Thanks 

On Wed, Jun 14, 2023 at 6:32 PM darkman270 <darkman270@cox.net> wrote:

That would work if I can get the payment to go through. I'm waiting on PayPal to call me to help get the transaction done.

Date: 6/14/23 11:36 (GMT-06:00)

Hi

I only accept payment as friends and family.. I can understand your concern, I will suggest you only make $100 for shipping as friends so I can be able to ship. Since I can trust you then you make the full payment when you got it . 

I hope that works for you..

Thanks 

On Wed, Jun 14, 2023 at 4:20 PM darkman270 <darkman270@cox.net> wrote:

Yes I'll try again but the Friends & Family won't work. I'll try the other way. If not send it COD and I'll pay the charges.  Either way you get paid and I get the headers. Then we are both happy!

Thanks

Date: 6/13/23 21:06 (GMT-06:00)

Hi

Do you get my last email?

Thanks 

On Wed, Jun 14, 2023 at 2:22 AM Saxe Cooper <saxecooper75@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello

That might be some technical issues..

Are you sending from PayPal balance? You can try sending to my wife PayPal.

Here’s my wife PayPal email address Lizzie.Bailey@diplomats.com. 

Kindly send payment as friends and family .

Let me know if this goes through.

Thanks

On Wed, Jun 14, 2023 at 1:50 AM darkman270 <darkman270@cox.net> wrote:

I tried but PayPal said the transaction could not be completed. I used PayPal less than two weeks ago and it worked fine. Any ideas. If you have to, ship it COD and I'll cover the charges. If we do that I'll have it shipped to my house.

Date: 6/13/23 11:50 (GMT-06:00)

Hello

I make a request on your PayPal … Kindly accept payment with the friends and family option. Let me know when you make payment.

Thanks 

On Tue, Jun 13, 2023 at 5:14 PM Saxe Cooper <saxecooper75@gmail.com> wrote:

What’s your PayPal email address?

On Tue, Jun 13, 2023 at 5:14 PM darkman270 <darkman270@cox.net> wrote:

That sounds good. I'm guessing you send me an invoice like regular PayPal or how does it work?

Go ahead and package it up and get t hff e shipping costs. 

Date: 6/12/23 20:23 (GMT-06:00)

Hello

I can accept PayPal payment as friends if that works for you. 

Thanks 

On Tue, Jun 13, 2023 at 1:32 AM darkman270 <darkman270@cox.net> wrote:

Do you have the ability to receive credit cards? PayPal? Check or Money order? COD? What are you thinking?

Shipping address:

Charles Buzbee C/O of Barry

183 Dixon Circle 

Fayetteville Georgia   30215

That is where we are doing the metal work prior to paint.

Date: 6/12/23 18:56 (GMT-06:00)

Okay, That sounds fair enough. What means of payment do you have ? What’s your shipping address?

Thanks 

On Mon, Jun 12, 2023 at 11:10 PM darkman270 <darkman270@cox.net> wrote:

I saw the pictures and the headers look right. If Hooker had not discontinued these they were right around $960. I would have ordered a set no problem. Since I just bought a set used and needing minor repair for $400, I'd like to stay at $1000 plus shipping. Shipping on the first set was $76.

Date: 6/11/23 21:15 (GMT-06:00)

Hi

Okay.. I understand your opinion, It’s a slightly used one like new which doesn’t have to be modified.. it have all the primary extensions that allows you to tune the header.. 

With you have gotten one in months ago I will be considerate and will be open to your offer including shipping? 

What’s your shipping address?

I’m located in Missouri.

Thanks 

On Mon, Jun 12, 2023 at 3:05 AM darkman270 <darkman270@cox.net> wrote:

I'm in Pensacola Florida.  That's the NW corner of FL. Just east of Mobile Alabama. 

What are they worth? I've been half heartedly looking since 2020. Missed a pair in box for $900. Got serious about two months ago and two weeks ago I bought a used set with minor damage for $400.  I also found out that I can have a set made for $1300 by a local fabricator that has built large tube headers for some other local guys. 

My biggest issue right now is I've bought a manual rack and pinion that bolts to the frame rails right behind the the lower A arms. It replaces the factory under motor cross brace. I'm a bit concerned it might interfere with the 6375 headers. We have the car completely stripped from the firewall forward and it will be a little bit before it's all refitted to see if the used headers will fit with the rack and pinion. If the used will fit I'm interested in yours since they need repairing. If they have to be modified I'm not sure. I guess the price would be the determining factor.

Do you have all the primary extensions that allow you to tune the headers? They should have 2 ⅛" primaries and 4" or 3 ½" collectors with out flanges. Is this what yours has. Where are you located?

Date: 6/11/23 18:48 (GMT-06:00)

Hello

Yes I have it available for sale in excellent condition… Whereabouts are you located? What do you think it’s worth?

Thanks 

On Mon, Jun 12, 2023 at 12:38 AM darkman270 <darkman270@cox.net> wrote:

Hi I was told you have a set of these headers. I have purchased a set but may be interested in another. What shape are they in? History? 

Thanks,

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2023, 12:06:17 PM »
Lots of little red flags in his replies. When he says "kindly", that is a sure indicator of an overseas scammer; nobody here talks like that. Sad state that we have to worry about these issues, but that's the world today.

As far as PayPal Friends & Family, I actually get that. I've sold a bunch of parts on the HAMB, and that's the only payment I take. I wasn't like that until the crooks in Washington started going after people using online payment systems. While that has changed, for now, who knows how long it'll stay that way before they come after you for tax evasion. I've managed to sell with the F&F by establishing a good reputation for selling, but that takes time.

Glad you didn't get scammed. Did you ever find out why PayPal wouldn't send your money? I've never had that issue, so it makes me wonder if they knew something was up with the 'seller'. It definitely saved you a $1k loss.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 12:08:17 PM by cjshaker »
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2023, 03:55:18 PM »
Charles, thanks for posting all the details of this "transaction".  It gives us all something to look out for.  Scammers are everywhere, that's for sure.  Glad you didn't fall for it - Jay
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC