Author Topic: Fe Reunion  (Read 1762 times)

MeanGene

• View Profile
Re: Fe Reunion
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2023, 12:59:30 PM »
Gonna try to finally make it this year

Diogenes

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2023, 04:55:25 PM »
Merch has been slim the past few years. Hopefully this year's turnout will be better than last. Seemed like attendance was down.

The average age of a person that owns a FE, is probably around 70. Attendance will not be sky rocketing.

Not to hijack the thread, but I'm curious about the above quoted statement--is this fairly accurate? I'm 55 and I'm guessing there is a fair amount of people here in my age bracket (and younger). I must say, though, I don't see many FE's around, though I'm not a car show person, and there aren't a whole lot of Ford/Mercury guys around here.
WHEN CRIMINALS MAKE THE LAWS, OBEYING THE LAW IS A CRIME.

1966 Galaxie 500 390 Toploader 3.89 Traction-Lock 9in.
1985 Toyota Celica Supra
1971 Montego MX wagon 351C Toploader Detroit Locker Cyclone competition gauge/dash bucket seats/console
1989 Texas DPS Police Mustang
1971 Torino GT 351C 4V AT
1968 Cougar 351W Toploader Traction-Lock 8in.
1989 Dodge Omni modified 2.5 turbo from hell

fekbmax

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2023, 05:23:34 PM »
Plenty of 40's 50's and 60's that love, have, and race FE's. I love the FE reunion but from what I seen the past couple years (and I was there to) car count was just a little down, lot less people in the stands and even the swap meet and car show looked scaled down. 16, 17, and 18, the joint was packed and there was great merch and a wide variety of it, pits and swap meet were off the chain, beer and brats was a huge gathering.  No better place to be. Hopefully it makes a strong come back this year.
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.

fairlaniac

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2023, 06:56:45 PM »
Plenty of 40's 50's and 60's that love, have, and race FE's. I love the FE reunion but from what I seen the past couple years (and I was there to) car count was just a little down, lot less people in the stands and even the swap meet and car show looked scaled down. 16, 17, and 18, the joint was packed and there was great merch and a wide variety of it, pits and swap meet were off the chain, beer and brats was a huge gathering.  No better place to be. Hopefully it makes a strong come back this year.

If you are on Facebook and don't mind sharing your feedback, while I am heavily involved, good feedback can only make the show better. Look for the FE Race & Reunion on FB. Thanks!
Doug Bender
1966 Fairlane 427+/5 Spd TKX

Rory428

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2023, 07:51:30 PM »
Last year was only my 2nd trip to the FE Reunion.The first time, in 2018, I flew from Vancouver BC Canada, would have loved to take my car, but almost 3000 miles each way. Now that I live on the East coast of Canada (Nova Scotia), I am "only" about 1100 miles each way. I flew last year, since my car was hurt, but plan to tow my car down this year. Every FE fan should attend this great event at least once , preferably more often if possible. It is like the FE version of Woodstock.   So many great cars and great people. When you go to most car meets, there is usually only a handful of FEs in attendance, if any! At Beaver Springs, there are over 100 FE powered vehicles. Then consider that many of them are historically significant "real" cars, then add the legendary FE racers that attend (Al Joniec, "Ohio" George Montgomery , among others, not to mention most of these cars are being raced, rather than just sitting on display. There ain`t nothing else like it!
1978 Fairmont,FE 427 with 428 crank, 4 speed Jerico best of 9.972@132.54MPH 1.29 60 foot
1985 Mustang HB 331 SB Ford, 4 speed Jerico, best of 10.29@128 MPH 1.40 60 foot.
1974 F350 race car hauler 390 NP435 4 speed
1959 Ford Meteor 2 dr sedan. 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed Toploader. 12.54@ 108 MPH

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2023, 10:21:30 PM »
It really is an experience. There’s a car show that truly has some sweet cars but really all the cars are really nice. I would think about 75 percent of the cars there are beautiful. And the people are great I have met a lot of people and some I consider good friends. It can’t hurt to come on down and watch some Ford Fe racing.

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2023, 07:03:07 AM »
I obviously like to attend, but have not been able to since the schedule change.  With a teacher for a spouse, and a couple kids in college, early September is a very hectic time of year.

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2023, 03:19:56 PM »
Don't discount the current economy for a lack of attendance. Since the "great lockdown", which really screwed the whole world, gas prices are higher, lodging is higher, food is MUCH more expensive, and people generally have tightened their belts. Compared to just 3 years ago, it would cost hundreds more for the typical longer distance traveler, especially accounting for fuel when making the haul with a truck/trailer combo.

I can't make it for the 4th year in a row now. Just too much going on, and the extra expense is by no means a light matter to me.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

Mr Woodys Garage

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2023, 09:14:21 PM »
Speaking For A Few Friends, My Brother, And Of Course, Myself, This Is An Event NOT To Be Missed! I Dissagree With The Insinuation That Its Only Old Guys That Attend, Each Year I See Plenty Of Younger People Attending And Participating. And Als Friday Evening Classes...Those Are Priceless!Want To Learn How To Go Fast, Or Make An FE Sound Like A Banshee? (AKA Theme From "The Panty Droppers") Again, Learn From The Guys Who Know Their Stuff, And Are Generous Enough To Share It With You. The Contacts And Friends That Are Made There Are Known World Wide. Like Something You See Or Hear? The Guys Who Build Them Are There And More Than Willing To Build One For You, Sell You The Pieces, Or, Again, Give Great Advice! The Whole COVID BS, And The Economy Have Certainly Changed The Attendendance Numbers, But, Its In The Past, And Even Though It Costs a Lot More Than In Previous Years, Its STILL Worth Every Penny!
    I Live Approx 1000 Miles Away, And Have Been A VIP, For The Last 6 Years, As Well As Sponsor (Donate A Few $$ For My Favorite Ford Body Styles That Run The Fastest ETs,) As Well As Provide The Summit Gift Cards For VIP Sponsors Drawing. Its A Way I Can Give Back For All The Happiness This Event Brings Me, And Encourage Others To Continue To Support It And Attend, Either As Spectators, Or Participants. Its Really As Much Fun Either Way. This Is More Of A Big Family Than Just An Event. To Experience It, You Have To Be There. Watch a Couple You Tube Videos Of It, From Prior To Covid, Circa 2017, 18, And You Will Get A Better Feel For What It Is All About. 31/2 Day Event That Never Seems Long Enough. I Look Forward To It Each Year. The New Track Owner Has Put His Heart And Soul Into The Facility, And It Just Keeps Getting Better And Better. I Hope And Pray It Remains Financially Feasible For Him To Continue Operating The Track, And To Do So, PEOPLE MUST ATTEND THE EVENTS!  Food, Friendships, And Of Course The Unmistakable Sound Of Screaming FE Engines Stay Etched In Ones Memory. Yes, As Mentioned, The Merchandise Is Not High Quality Like It Once Was, And Not Something I Would Wear To Local Events, But So What? Nothings Perfect, And This Is The Only Complaint You Will EVER Hear From My Friends Or Myself. BE THERE Or BE A BOWTIE! (Square)!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 09:09:19 AM by Mr Woodys Garage »