Author Topic: Only in my hometown: indoor drag racing, Chicago!  (Read 1728 times)

TomP

• View Profile
Re: Only in my hometown: indoor drag racing, Chicago!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 02:56:34 PM »
Hmmm. That article says just two races, i'm sure there were more like ten. I'll dig up the emails from Bret and report back.

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 11:40:04 AM »
Just saw a post in FB about a group in PA that is wanting to start an indoor golf cart drag racing organization.
Larry

67428GT500

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 01:15:08 PM »
Does the indoor drag racing reduce your chances of being shot as a spectator?  ;D 
Part of my normal flight route takes me though KORD and KPHL. I often am there for the evening before dead-heading home.
This may be justification for staying an extra day before returning to KDFW.

-Keith

TomP

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 12:31:52 AM »
And that is not the only indoor drags. They had 1/8th mile at Parc Bercy in downtown Paris in the 90's, and Anaheim Stadium had them too. There were plans for an indoor quarter mile in the Middle East, Saudi Arabia I think it was, that never got built. The indoors was to get A/C and stop blowing sand from getting on the track. One of the dragstrips in Central America, have to look it up but I think maybe El Salvador, has a roof the whole length to make shade and keep the track dry from tropical rains. Looks like a really long apartment building carport.