Author Topic: Oil additive  (Read 8965 times)

fe66comet

Re: Oil additive
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 01:41:10 PM »
Do they have a system that automatically does that or would that be more like a prelube system?

Ahh I see never mind you install one of these in your ignition circuit.
http://m.summitracing.com/parts/ctr-24-270
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 01:49:11 PM by fe66comet »

JimNolan

• 63 Galaxie XL 410ci / 57 Fairlane 500 390ci
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013, 11:13:17 PM »
Guys,
   Went with Brad Penn from Summit Racing. $20.00 cheaper for a case of 12 than what I can buy VR1 10W30 here in Warsaw. Plus, I get about the same viscosity at high/low temps with more ZDDP. Seemed silly not to order it and have it delivered to my house cheaper than I could buy oil here. Thanks guys, Jim

My427stang

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 08:52:43 AM »
Its good stuff, I used to have a dealer here, worked out quite a bit cheaper, but they went out of business.  Trying to figure out a way to get it again. 

With 7 quarts in the truck and 9 in the Mustang, oil change day ain't cheap LOL
---------------------------------
Ross
Bullock's Power Service, LLC
- 70 Fastback Mustang, 489 cid FE, Victor, SEFI, Erson SFT cam, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch.
- 71 F100 shortbed 4x4, 461 cid FE, headers, Victor Pro-flo EFI, Comp Custom HFT cam, 3.50 9 inch

fe66comet

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 09:32:28 AM »
It will be 162.85 to change my Comet with 14 quarts of HPS synthetic oil and two filters. I am adding a cooler, three quart accumulator and have an eight quart pan in the system. More than likely the oil will last for months that way.

My427stang

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 09:51:21 AM »
It adds up, my Powerstroke is a 100 dollar bill and I do it myself!
---------------------------------
Ross
Bullock's Power Service, LLC
- 70 Fastback Mustang, 489 cid FE, Victor, SEFI, Erson SFT cam, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch.
- 71 F100 shortbed 4x4, 461 cid FE, headers, Victor Pro-flo EFI, Comp Custom HFT cam, 3.50 9 inch

Qikbbstang

• View Profile
I find storing metal in Florida's high humidity that conventional oils poured on metal barely protect for a month, miracle stuff like Marvel Mys Oil don't protect metal at all and M1 Syn is like the Energizer Rabbit it keeps on protecting and protecting

JimNolan

• 63 Galaxie XL 410ci / 57 Fairlane 500 390ci
    • View Profile
I find storing metal in Florida's high humidity that conventional oils poured on metal barely protect for a month, miracle stuff like Marvel Mys Oil don't protect metal at all and M1 Syn is like the Energizer Rabbit it keeps on protecting and protecting
    You know, I believe you guys. You wouldn't say it if you didn't really think or know it. There must be something different about synthetic oil now than there was when it first came out. Mobil Oil lost a hell of a lot of money on their synthetic oil because that wasn't the case. And it was proved at the time that synthetic oil wouldn't cling to metal like organic oil would. I'm not making this up. They took the oil off the market because of it. Jim

On October 25, 1995, a preliminary settlement agreement was reached in the federal class-action lawsuit filed against Mobil Corporation by Malvern Gross and Paul Jimison. As previously reported in AVweb, the plaintiffs claim that Mobil AV-1 synthetic oil may have caused substantial damage to a large number of big-bore Teledyne-Continental engines, and that all potentially affected engines should be inspected and, if necessary, repaired at Mobil's expense.
 Meantime, Mobil is mailing out notices to approximately 50,000 owners of Continental engines, and has started accepting owner claims under the settlement. The terms of the settlement are rather involved and technical, but our short summary and analysis appears below. The full text of the court-approved settlement notice, repair and inspection protocol, and claim form are also available here, as well as the Plaintiff's press release announcing the settlement.. We suggest that all owners of AV-1 engines familiarize themselves with these documents immediately.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 11:31:07 AM by JimNolan »