Author Topic: What heads to use  (Read 9091 times)

Ratbird

• View Profile
Re: What heads to use
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2014, 08:57:13 AM »
Does the MSD work with the Pertronix ignitor points replacement? and what are it's benefits over this one. http://www.pertronix.com/prod/ig/drl/default.aspx

Yes Bob, the exhaust valve did hit the piston - it bent the valve slightly and thus no compression. I've bought Edelbrock heads to replace the heads. There's about a 1/16th of an inch more clearance on the Edelbrocks, but I don't know how much difference the Edelbrock head gaskets will make. My engine builder said I should be fine.   

The whole idea behind the rev limiter is to stop me from over revving it in a miss shift. That's what caused the valve to hit the head the first time.

Also, now that I have hardened valve seats will I still need to use a lead additive?

thx in advance, Dave J
1959 T-bird - rat kind of a thing
FE 410ci bored .030 over, 4 sp toploader
pure fun

Ratbird

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2014, 01:05:35 PM »
By the way, does anyone know how to get this Doug Garifo guy to reply to voice messages or e-mails?

I ordered my bolts and studs from him almost 10 days ago - he charged my credit card over a week ago, yet I've heard nothing. I called him yesterday to see if he could track my order, or give me a rough idea on when I might get them, he said he would call me right back but I haven't heard a thing. I called 2 more times throughout the day (during his advertised business hours) and he doesn't answer. I also e-mailed him and got diddly zip.

Dave J
pure fun

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2014, 08:27:01 PM »
Did you get a hold of Doug?  It is not like him to leave somebody hanging, his service and communication are usually top notch...
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

Ratbird

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2014, 08:33:30 AM »
I did Jay, I called him again yesterday morning and he apologized for not getting back to me. He had already looked into my order and found that UPS had lost track of it. He filed a claim with them and shipped me another set yesterday. I was glad to hear it wasn't his fault, and also glad he acted on the issue right away. Hopefully this weekend I can get the car back together - I've missed it for the past couple of months and really want to get it back down to the drags for some fun before the Winter sets in.

thx, Dave J
pure fun