Author Topic: Help with part number for retainer and locks  (Read 915 times)

Joe-JDC

• Truth stands on its own merit.
    • View Profile
Help with part number for retainer and locks
« on: March 20, 2021, 04:56:26 PM »
Any of you have access to parts catalog for retainers and keepers for valve springs.  I have searched the internet until I am going blind, but cannot find a titanium retainer for a PAC-1204X spring for 7* locks and 11/32 valve stems.  1.290" OD, .950" ID, .950" inner spring OD, .690" ID.  This is for a standard 11/32 stem with old school style groove for 7* locks.    I will buy retainer and locks(7*, super 7, etc.), to match if there is a part number available.  I really don't want to have to install 8mm guides and valves to get these springs to work if possible.  Going on one of my Y block builds with .696" solid lifter camshaft.    Joe-JDC
Joe-JDC '70GT-500

winr1

Re: Help with part number for retainer and locks
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 01:38:59 AM »
Ya looked here ??

https://www.racingsprings.com/index.php/products/valve-springs/rpm-series-springs/valve-spring.html

Would a retainer with correct IDs but larger ID turned down work ??

EDIt: what is different between  old school style groove for 7* locks an new style ??

Ricky.

Joe-JDC

• Truth stands on its own merit.
    • View Profile
Re: Help with part number for retainer and locks
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 08:54:35 AM »
I have tried to contact PAC with two emails, and on their site, also.  They have not answered me in either place. My camshaft maker recommended the springs, and he won't tell me what retainers work with those springs.  The seller finally sent a part number, but it is for steel locks.   There are square locks, radial locks, traditional locks, super 7* locks, mini 8, 10*, super 10*, just for starters.  Everything seems to be geared towards the LS, Hemi, Coyote, and for lightweight titanium, or beehive, 11/32" is "old school".  Joe-JDC
Joe-JDC '70GT-500