Author Topic: Repopped Fairlane Sheetmetal  (Read 6095 times)

MT63AFX

• View Profile
Repopped Fairlane Sheetmetal
« on: January 18, 2013, 02:14:57 AM »
What supplier has the best quality repopped sheetmetal, floorpans, trunk pans, etc for a 64 Fairlane? I had one stored in my Favorites but my computer crashed earlier this month :o. It wasn't AutoKrafter or Dearborn Classics, what others are out there? Thanks, Rod C.

390 Cougar Conv

• View Profile
Re: Repopped Fairlane Sheetmetal
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 03:28:52 AM »
I have bought sheetmetal from Dennis Carpenter.  They sell alot of different sheetmetal.  Clifford
1969 Cougar XR7 GT 390 S Code C-6 Convertable
1965 Comet Caliente 302 C-4 Convertable

fe66comet

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 11:25:38 AM »
I am getting my stuff from these guys, a little less than Dennis Carpenter and more selection.http://www.autokrafters.com/c-1138-fairlane-62-70.aspx

GJCAT427

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 05:56:19 PM »
Rod, I bought 64 fairlane sheetmetal from a place in Cleveland called North Coast Muscle cars. Only problem was I waited almost 8 months for them to get it in stock. Seems they buy it from autocrafters and they are the only one who produces the exact fit pieces. I did see another company selling the same pieces that are hand formed on ebay but they don`t look any where near as nice as the ones from autocrafters. There is a descrepancy on the edges where the weld to the rockers, they seem to be about 3/4" to wide and the lip is bent the wrong way.  Not to difficult to correct. All the renforcement lines seem to line up and are not stanped to deep. I bought all 6 pieces and was pleased. If you want pictures I can send them.

MT63AFX

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 08:09:01 PM »
Rod, I bought 64 fairlane sheetmetal from a place in Cleveland called North Coast Muscle cars. Only problem was I waited almost 8 months for them to get it in stock. Seems they buy it from autocrafters and they are the only one who produces the exact fit pieces. I did see another company selling the same pieces that are hand formed on ebay but they don`t look any where near as nice as the ones from autocrafters. There is a descrepancy on the edges where the weld to the rockers, they seem to be about 3/4" to wide and the lip is bent the wrong way.  Not to difficult to correct. All the renforcement lines seem to line up and are not stanped to deep. I bought all 6 pieces and was pleased. If you want pictures I can send them.

I would appreciate you sending along the photos. thanks. Send to rcicotte2 at comcast dot net, Rod C

fe66comet

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 08:25:34 PM »
I have bought a lot of Ford tractor stiff from Dennis Carpenter, pricey but made with original stampings. Floor sections on a hot rod comet not really concerned with alignment more strength.

GJCAT427

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 06:36:49 AM »
Rod, I can`t get to the car for a few days, Dam snow and sub 0 weather! I will try this weekend Its going to get into the 20s! These are not welded in yet as the project was put on hold. But I can show how they fit in the car.

MT63AFX

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 02:34:47 AM »
Rod, I can`t get to the car for a few days, Dam snow and sub 0 weather! I will try this weekend Its going to get into the 20s! These are not welded in yet as the project was put on hold. But I can show how they fit in the car.

Thanks, no rush, no need to 'dig' it out, Rod C

fe66comet

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 10:16:40 AM »
You must be very close to me we are in.the same.weather pattern Damn it has been cold and windy we sort of started to warm up the last few days.

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 01:39:02 PM »
Bob Maag