Author Topic: 69 mach1 video  (Read 8588 times)

rcodecj

• View Profile
69 mach1 video
« on: March 31, 2012, 06:14:30 PM »
My first try so bear with the quality.  :D

http://youtu.be/mXHIJOSuZoQ

Is there a way to embed the video? I tried on utube and it did not work.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 06:29:55 PM by rcodecj »

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
Re: 69 mach1 video
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 07:13:08 PM »
Looking good!  I don't if videos can be embedded here or not; I will have to look into that.  In the meantime the link is no problem.
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

rcodecj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 08:00:22 PM »
Thanks. Yea I copied and pasted the embed info from utube and it did not work. Oh well, the link works.

Look closely at the very beginning of the video to the left side of the car, pause it if necessary and you will see the drop off in the yard that I had mentioned some time back.
My garage is uphill from that spot, and the car went for a little roll that my buddy and I got stopped long before the drop off but talk about raise your blood pressure.
Just got it running and the thought of the car rolling off the edge of that part of the yard got my pulse up. We couldn't get any grip to stop the car from rolling.
My lower yard is 100 ft lower than the top part of the yard. Of course it would have had to crash through a bunch of trees, bushes, and rocks, but you get the point.

Also I turned up the audio a bit when I made the recording, so I'm not sure but it may seem a bit louder than it really is from that distance.
The car has the Magnaflow stainless steel 2.5" mustang mandrel bent exhaust kit.

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 08:37:00 PM »
Cool and the vid does work. Try using a one-point stand or tripod to eliminate the shaky look to your 2nd video (like I should talk as I'd be just as shaky w/o a camera stand...LOL!). Would like to see an improved 2'nd try video if you'd be so inclined.
Bob Maag

rcodecj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 08:40:29 PM »
Cool and the vid does work. Try using a one-point stand or tripod to eliminate the shaky look to your 2nd video (like I should talk as I'd be just as shaky w/o a camera stand...LOL!). Would like to see an improved 2'nd try video if you'd be so inclined.

That's a great idea, and I do have a tripod. 

BigNate

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 05:43:02 PM »
Wickenberg?  Hmmm - I'm about 30 miles due east of you - would love to meet up some time and drool over your car... :-)
Arrrrg.... LOL  My sig line everywhere else is somewhat political... Will that get me kicked?

rcodecj

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 06:12:24 PM »
Wickenberg?  Hmmm - I'm about 30 miles due east of you - would love to meet up some time and drool over your car... :-)

Nathan, I think we have met. I'm thinking you are the guy I gave the 390 exhaust manifolds to many years ago.

Hey, just email me some time, I'm always around except summer time when I head for cooler weather.

BigNate

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 07:19:42 PM »
OK - Right!  Yeah - that was a very long time ago...   :D  I moved the manifolds with the family - out to the Desert Hills area.  Do you ever get down to the Friday night cruise at that store on Lake Pleasant Parkway?
Arrrrg.... LOL  My sig line everywhere else is somewhat political... Will that get me kicked?

rcodecj

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 08:06:54 PM »
I have never been there or heard of it.

bobb428

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 08:22:15 PM »
Cool car!

BigNate

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 11:56:56 PM »
I have not been out there for a while - but I understand that it is still active.  It is a "little bit of everything" informal get-together - sort of like what happens at the Pavilions on the east side of town (although I don't think it ever got as big as Pavilions).  Some show cars, some street rods, some rat rods, some ricers, etc... but generally just a bunch of car guys getting together to oogle each-others rides on a Friday night.  It used to be at 83rd ave and Lake Pleasant - and I heard rumor that there is either a split off group or that they moved to Lake Pleasant and Happy Valley at the McDonalds.  There is also a very small group that meets at the In and Out Burger at Carefree Highway and I-17 on Friday nights.  Usually only 10 - 15 cars at that one as opposed to 100ish at the Lake Pleasant get-together.  If / when I get my jalopy going again I'll start heading out to one or the other of these from time to time and will have a better sense of how big / small they have gotten...

TimeWarpF100

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 02:35:30 AM »
OK - Right!  Yeah - that was a very long time ago...   :D  I moved the manifolds with the family - out to the Desert Hills area.  Do you ever get down to the Friday night cruise at that store on Lake Pleasant Parkway?

I am only a couple miles from Desert Hills area. Just a bit south of the home depot on carefree highway.

BigNate

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 10:14:00 AM »

I am only a couple miles from Desert Hills area. Just a bit south of the home depot on carefree highway.

Ahh - cool - I am North of Desert Hills road around Central.  We should meet all meet up some time at the In-N-Out...