Author Topic: A little motivational eye candy(for me)  (Read 4243 times)

AlanCasida

• View Profile
A little motivational eye candy(for me)
« on: March 31, 2012, 04:08:07 PM »
Since my Mustang project has taken soooo long, I thought I needed a little boost. So, while I was trying for the last time to see if the engine/transmission would go in the car in one chunk(ain't gonna happen) I thought I would stick a few goodies on it to perk me up.  :)

rcodecj

• View Profile
headers question
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 04:41:32 PM »
What headers are you using? They look custom made.
What kind of problems are you running into to get an Fe in a 65 mustang?
It should scoot down the road!  8)

Also I like the panels that cover the shock tower holes? Did they come with the mustang II kit or did you make them.
Usually the panels are just flat, and those look like they came on the car, nice touch.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 04:43:56 PM by rcodecj »

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
Re: A little motivational eye candy(for me)
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 05:14:34 PM »
Looking good, Alan.  What's the scoop on the front suspension setup?
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

AlanCasida

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 06:34:52 PM »
I built the headers myself. It is my first time building headers. I started on the driver's side and by the time I was done with the passenger side I wanted to redo the driver's side but enough was enough. The front end is a MII type setup from Rod and Custom Motorsports. It is a coil over type with tubular a-arms. I looked at several setups and I ended using theirs because the crossmember comes with  a flat flange welded to it so, instead of welding the square tubing to the frame, you weld the flange which for me is a lot easier. It also makes it easier to sqaure it up on the chassis. Another thing I liked was the upper coil over mount is adjustable for height so you can adjust the ride height with that rather than just changing the spring pressure on the coilover.  The kit  came with those shock tower plates. I bolted them in so they could be removable in case I had overheating issues. Another thought on the R&C crossmember, with the flange, I think you could make it a bolt on deal which might be advantageous for certain DragWeek rules.  ;)
 If I can get off my lazy butt and finish this car in time, I am going to try and enter it in DragWeek in the Gasser class instead of my Galaxie, but we'll see.   

rcodecj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 07:00:46 PM »
Is it leaf spring rear or something else?