Author Topic: Where to get high quality, custom exhaust work done in Minnesota?  (Read 1235 times)

cleandan

• View Profile
I would like to know if there is a high quality exhaust shop in Minnesota (twin cities metro area prefered)

I want to get some very tight clearance tail pipes made, from mandrel bent stainless if possible, but I currently do not know of a shop with the right experience and staff to do such work.

I know plenty of exhaust shops, but most do not have the equipment to do proper custom mandrel bent tube, or they don't have anyone on staff who is really good at such work.

Thanks in advance.

The Real McCoy

• View Profile
Re: Where to get high quality, custom exhaust work done in Minnesota?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 04:45:32 PM »
You might want to take a look at this link, http://heartthrobexhaust.com/
They are located in Litchfield, MN which is about an hour or so west of the Twin Cities.  They are one of the monthly advertisers in the MSRA Linechaser and appear to be capable of doing what you are looking for.  I have not ever used them, just aware of their monthly ad.  The website does have a Youtube video on their business. 

The Linechaser also has 2-3 other advertisers that do exhaust systems that are in the Twin City metro area.  Let me know if you would like their contact information.  Heartthrob appeared to be the most capable based off their advertisement.
63 1/2 Galaxie 500
428 CJ Stroker with 427 2x4 Intake, 427 Long Exhaust Manifolds, Quick Fuel Carbs and TKO 600.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it’s what we know for sure that just ain’t so."                            Mark Twain

Thumperbird

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 06:39:58 PM »
Muffler Doctor Auto Clinic
Lake Drive, Circle Pines  MN

I would call it 4+ of 5 stars in that the 2.5 inch dual exhaust they did for me on my Thunderbird was probably not show quality if you will but very nice job, mandrel bent custom all the way from headers through 4 mufflers to welded on chrome tips.  Found 1 pinhole in the whole job, reasonable price I thought, this was a couple years ago.
No idea if they bend stainless.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 07:17:23 PM by Thumperbird »

cleandan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 08:59:32 PM »
You might want to take a look at this link, http://heartthrobexhaust.com/
They are located in Litchfield, MN which is about an hour or so west of the Twin Cities.  They are one of the monthly advertisers in the MSRA Linechaser and appear to be capable of doing what you are looking for.  I have not ever used them, just aware of their monthly ad.  The website does have a Youtube video on their business. 

The Linechaser also has 2-3 other advertisers that do exhaust systems that are in the Twin City metro area.  Let me know if you would like their contact information.  Heartthrob appeared to be the most capable based off their advertisement.

Yes please, I would like the other names.
Thanks for the input.

The Real McCoy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2021, 07:34:33 AM »
Yes please, I would like the other names.
Thanks for the input.
[/quote]

Sent you a Personal Message with 3 other exhaust related business's that advertise in the MSRA Linechaser.  One of them, Pat's Muffler and Welding Service, I have used and would recommend as long as they are able to bend and fabricate stainless.  He did not use stainless for my job so I don't know for sure he does stainless.

Also, you probably seen Thumperbirds recommendation for the Circle Pines, MN shop so that would be another source.

Good luck
63 1/2 Galaxie 500
428 CJ Stroker with 427 2x4 Intake, 427 Long Exhaust Manifolds, Quick Fuel Carbs and TKO 600.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it’s what we know for sure that just ain’t so."                            Mark Twain

FrozenMerc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2021, 12:45:54 PM »
A bit of a drive from the Twin Cities, but I used F&W Exhaust in Sauk Centre 23 years ago for the 2.5" Stainless on my '51 Ford Pickup.  That system has been trouble free for the entire time, and I probably have over 70,000 miles on that truck over the past couple of decades.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 01:15:28 PM by FrozenMerc »

cleandan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2021, 10:04:10 PM »
I would like to thank all who gave information about possible shops.
I really appreciate the help.

I called a few places and decided to go with Tim's in Coon Rapids.
They seemed to talk the talk and were not phased one bit by what I was asking about.

I'll let you know how the finished product comes out, as well as the cost, and what Tim's shop is like to work with.
Having a good quality shop on hand is becoming a rare thing these days so we really should let everyone know when one is found and verified.