Author Topic: Whats For Sale Out There For 63.5 FE Headers, Long Tube Hookers Or ?  (Read 817 times)

Mr Woodys Garage

• View Profile
Looking For Quality, Long Tube Headers For A 63.5 Galaxie Using Trick Flow Heads, And A strong 462. Ti Y Headers And Shortys Are Not Going To Work For The Anticipated Power Output Of This Engine. Ideally, A Set Of  Hooker Super Comps That Have Been On The Shelf For 10 Years Or More Would Be Perfect. New Ones Are A Joke. (Have Had 2 sets That Look Like Stevie Wonder Cut/Fit The Flanges, And Steve Busimi Alligned The Collectors. Mad Dog Is Done For The Year, And Dyno Day Is Fast Approaching. Send Me A Message If You Have Something That Will Work. Thanks In Advance!

gregaba

• View Profile
Re: Whats For Sale Out There For 63.5 FE Headers, Long Tube Hookers Or ?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2023, 03:30:36 PM »
Auto has the 63 long tube stock cast iron exhaust headers in stock for $899.00, with the header gaskets and bolt kit for $44.00.
Greg

Dubs1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2023, 05:10:24 PM »
Hi Woody

I  Have  a set of long tube  FE headers  without the rear flange.  Pls email me  at  ltduba@hotmail.com  and I will take a photo of this set   in a lot of detail and email  the pics back to you. 
I dont know the brand or  the specific  platform  they were built for but they are in excellent condition   and might suit your needs.

All the best 

Ted in Denver

gregaba

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2023, 05:58:19 PM »
I guess i didn't have enough coffee when I posted an answer to you question but it is Autocrafters that have the headers for sale if you are still looking.
Greg

hbstang

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2023, 11:14:33 AM »
not long tube but cheaper than most headers!
and probably good enough for 500 or so hp

https://www.autokrafters.com/product/24328/exhaust-manifolds-pair-1960-64-ford-galaxie-fe-engines-352-390-406-427-c3az-9430c-1f

Mr Woodys Garage

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2023, 02:33:01 PM »
Thanks, Greg, For The Lead.  And Thanks As Well For The Post On Kugels Short Cast Headers. I Really Like Those, And Promote Them When ever I Can As Well. The 462 That Jay Zolko Is Putting Together For Me Will Need Something A Bit More Than Those Cast Headers Can Do. I Keep Thinking They Would Work, But, According To Testing In Jays Book, They Just Are Not Up To The Task. I Should Get A Set For My Other 63.5, Which Has A Solid Cam 390 P Code From A 65 Mercury. The Log Manifolde Are Most Likely Choking Its Potential. They Would Work Great On It!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 07:00:43 PM by Mr Woodys Garage »