Author Topic: Science Friction Clutch and Flywheel  (Read 1172 times)

The Real McCoy

• View Profile
Science Friction Clutch and Flywheel
« on: March 25, 2018, 08:33:09 PM »
I recently bought a TKO 600 and related parts to fit into a 63 Galaxie.  I got it from someone who had bought the complete kit from American Powertrain and then he sold the car before he installed it.  The kit come with a new Science Friction steel billet flywheel and 11" pressure plate/disc assembly.  I had never heard of Science Friction before so my question is does anyone have any experience with this brand of clutch, pro or con? 

The original American Powertrain invoice describes it as "Science Friction 1126F Stage1 Super Street Clutch Kit".  It is rated at 475 FT/LB.

It is slated to go into a 63 Galaxie with a 428, 450 horsepower and 505 torque.  Strictly a street machine so I would expect it would be adequate. 

I think I had seen somewhere that American Powertrain owns the Science Friction brand and am really just curious as I had never heard of this brand before.

Thanks for any feedback.
63 1/2 Galaxie 500
428 CJ Stroker with 427 2x4 Intake, 427 Long Exhaust Manifolds, Quick Fuel Carbs and TKO 600.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it’s what we know for sure that just ain’t so."                            Mark Twain