Author Topic: Stock FE valves versus performance valves  (Read 1090 times)

winr1

Stock FE valves versus performance valves
« on: March 23, 2021, 01:24:45 AM »
https://www.alexsparts.com/ss-valves-427-fe-ford-w-2-19-1-750-high-performance-valves/

https://www.alexsparts.com/fe-ford-head-kit-valves-seats-guides-2-03-1-56-stock-replacement-352-360-390-and-other-fe/

What are the raised areas on stock valves for ??

The stock valves slope down from the stem then rises leaving a lip and a wide seat

What does back cutting the valve do as to flow and at what rpm ??

What if you had a set of factory 390 valves that were made as hi performance valves in a stock FE ??

Lots of if's I know ...

Truck engine..... trying to get more MPG ....mild street build ...

Ricky.

fryedaddy

• View Profile
Re: Stock FE valves versus performance valves
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 01:25:10 PM »
i dont know about the valves,but i noticed your 6 posts from hero status
1966 comet caliente 428 4 speed owned since 1983                                                 1973 f250 ranger xlt 360 4 speed papaw bought new

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 03:29:04 PM »
   The undercut stems help air flow some over "factory style" valves. The bump is present on original style valves because a "generic" forging is used and there is no concern about performance , just how quick can they spit them out so the price is cheap. I have known Alex ( the vendor that you note) for well over 25 years and have had "many" dealings with him during that time. That includes many stainless valve sets. He buys direct from the valve manufacturers ( mainly in Brazil) who also sell to others that mark them up substantially for "perceived value" ( read more profit).
     I highly recommend him!
   Randy

Henrysnephew

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 08:52:06 PM »
I recently bought some s/s valves from "Alex's Parts" and they're damned nice.  Randy, I assume that the family still runs the business because didn't Alex pass several years ago?  Randy M