Author Topic: My trip through the court system courtesy of Bill Coon  (Read 40483 times)

RJP

• View Profile
Re: My trip through the court system courtesy of Bill Coon
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 03:17:16 PM »
Another good idea, Bob.  I will see if I can get Phil and the other guys I know to post their experiences there.

I'm a little confused by the reaction on the FE Forum as well.  I've been dealing with this Coon BS for quite some time, but have not really laid my whole experience out on the table until now.  I wanted to have the legal documents in place, and the situation completely resolved, before I did so.  It seemed to me that with court documents showing judgments against Coon in place, it would be hard to argue against those conclusions.  Apparently, for some people it is not.  I'm certain that Coon and Roger Gordon will be putting forth their version of the events soon, and that despite the legal evidence to the contrary, some people will choose to believe them.  Oh well, I've done what I can do on this, which is to alert the FE community of Coon's business practices.  If after all this, somebody wants to give Coon their money in advance for parts to be delivered later, then I guess that's their problem.  Go figure  ???
I'm not. Seems the Coon defenders are more concerned that Cammers get built and less concerned to who falls victim to them. Like the old saying goes.."You gotta break a few eggs to make an omlette" Or more specificly you and the others that paid money for undelivered product are collateral damage.

Earl Balzen

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2012, 06:08:24 PM »
When Coon first started this head deal, his information guy was a farmer who was his financial backer. This fellow ( I can't remember his name) told me to contact Bill direct. He told me to send him $1000 down payment and I was #9 on the list and my heads would be ready in about a month and a half. A few months went by and I saw on the FE forum that he was delivering heads to all kind of people. I called and he told me to send the $4000 and my heads would ship next week.I called him and said "where are my heads". He said my heads were ready and to send him $124 and some odd cents for shipping costs. I asked him to ship them now and I would have a check in the mail. He said he didn't do business that way and he would ship them when he got the money for freight. I sent the money. After a couple of weeks and no heads, i called and was told " I'll send them when I feel like it. You got a set of heads from that guy in California and I'm not in a hurry to send your heads."
About 4 months went by with me calling him every few days and him saying he would ship them in a day or so. After about 5 months, I hired a lawyer in Austin,Texas to contact contact him that a lawsuit would be filed if he didn't ship the heads. He told the lawyer he would ship them the next day. After a couple of weeks and no heads, the lawyer called him again and he said he would ship them that day and would call him with the shipping #. A couple of weeks go by and no shipping # and no heads !!! The lawyer called him and they got in a big cuss fight with my attorney telling him what a big crook he was and we would see him in court.

We would have to file suit in Michigan so my lawyer rounded up an attorney there. Suit filed --court date set. His lawyer showed up at court with $5000 and that was the end of it. My lawyer said that since there were no written contracts, that was the best we could do. Court cost and attorney fees cost were over $3000.  wHAT A GREAT LEGAL SYTEM WE HAVE---ONLY THE LAWYERS AND CROOKS MAKE MONEY

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2012, 06:18:35 PM »
Thanks for the info Earl.  Unfortunately what you experienced seems to be a common occurance when people deal with Coon.
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

dowds

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2012, 08:11:28 PM »
I have been a member of the other forum for many years and am so disappointed as to what the other forum appears to have become, i have followed all the stuff about coon over the years and after Jays post with all the legal docs the guy is clearly a crook, i will probably never be in the market for a cammer, however Shoes post when i first looked at it appeared to me that there was a whole bunch of new cammer gear nearly ready to be dangled in front of anyone who might get excited about it, i think shoe is smokin his shoes or has something to do with all this carry on more than we all know, i think you did the right thing deleting that crap of the forum and think there should be more of a culling of crap over there than there is, this forum is a much better format than the other and i think you might see more of the die hard fe guys who are interested in making hp with their fe's swing over here in the near future. :)

hotrodfeguy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2012, 08:22:13 PM »
WOW, and to think if it wasn't for that signature you would be in the line with the other people. Good thing you were able to get him to sign that document. I have a situation myself that is going to put me in the cammer market someday. Because someone was too arrogant to rub my face in something they did to me and put it in writting and then sign it in Ink with the CO letterhead !!!

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2012, 08:33:49 PM »
I have been a member of the other forum for many years and am so disappointed as to what the other forum appears to have become, i have followed all the stuff about coon over the years and after Jays post with all the legal docs the guy is clearly a crook, i will probably never be in the market for a cammer, however Shoes post when i first looked at it appeared to me that there was a whole bunch of new cammer gear nearly ready to be dangled in front of anyone who might get excited about it, i think shoe is smokin his shoes or has something to do with all this carry on more than we all know, i think you did the right thing deleting that crap of the forum and think there should be more of a culling of crap over there than there is, this forum is a much better format than the other and i think you might see more of the die hard fe guys who are interested in making hp with their fe's swing over here in the near future. :)

Thanks for the kind words.  You pretty much called out exactly the reasons I started this forum.  I've been pretty disappointed about the general tone over at the FE Forum for quite some time now; the whole Coon fiasco is just the latest example.  Hopefully we can keep this forum steered in the right direction.
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

WConley

• No longer walking funny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2012, 08:58:42 PM »
Re:  General direction the FE Forum has been heading...

Yup.  I couldn't agree more.  Without clear leadership a forum will eventually fall off the rails.  I have been thinking for a while that more and more serious people will be spending time over here.
A careful study of failure will yield the ingredients for success.

Richard F

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2012, 10:11:47 PM »
Jay,

I for one am glad you kept us informed on the situation.  While I don't have any plans right now to build a cammer, one never knows what the future holds.  I would love to have one and could decide at any time to start collecting parts.  Knowing who to avoid is a great thing; I'm just sorry you and others had to learn the hard way, but you do us all a service.  I thank you for that and hope you eventually collect the rest you are owed.

Richard

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2012, 10:43:31 PM »
That's also why, Bill C. , I've spent a lot of time here for some time and minimized my time over there. Sad it has to be this way but true.
Bob Maag

TimeWarpF100

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2012, 02:56:16 PM »
n/m
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 10:03:45 AM by TimeWarpF100 »

Randy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2012, 11:18:33 AM »
Wow I just got caught up on the Forum I haven't been on there for awhile, glad to see that Jay has not let this to rest yet until Justis has been served, even after that I think that the word needs to stay out there that if you send him $ there is a 99.9 percent chance you will not get your product, I know how it is to deal with him I had allot of $ hanging out there for a long time, and it was just one BS story after another. There seems to be some guys out there that think he did no wrong and is doing know wrong and I would have to think they have know $ in the Coon's investment scam. I won't let this lay I will keep spreading the word because if people think it will get better there wrong, what do they think he can be "rehabilitate" I don't think so.

Qikbbstang

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2012, 12:04:00 AM »
I am addressing Earl Balzen and his the only ones that come out are the Lawyers and Crooks. Unfortunately lawyers are in a club with other lawyers, it's the layman that is the odd party at this dance. Both lawyers are making money as long as the suit chugs along -- they settle it and they are both out of a job.  Why get the thing settled fast?................................
             Always kills me for the Bozo's that claim they will sue someone at the drop of a hat, or tell you you should sue someone and they know all about the law. What they don't comprehend is it costs dam near a fortune just to initiate a legal case and then to feed the lawyer by the hour.  That the potential financial return dwindles away non-stop.  Earl pointed out the nightmare

cammerfe

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2012, 05:26:10 PM »
As stated in other places, my dealings with Bill Coon go back to the early-mid '60s. I chose to 'write him off' when he refused---and laughed about---a deal in which he only delivered a part of a carburetor linkage that Brother Lon needed for his TP/Mustang project. Value of the missing part was assuredly under $10, but the attitude displayed was such that I found it wise to go elsewhere from then on.

As you say, Jay, it's too bad. It's my own belief that he has been underfunded and actually could not deliver as he promised.

But what he did about it was the telling thing. A late delivery excuse is only good for a couple of weeks.   JMO

KS

Garyford

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2012, 03:56:53 PM »
At times we put up with strange behavior from car guys because they have cool parts, or sometimes just because they are car guys and not inclined towards the ways and means of business or legal world.

But when such characters initiate counter suits all pretense of innocence is lost. Could be a criminal intent or could be a runaway ego, either way it is difficult to understand the apparent tolerance for this misconduct on the other forum.

I think the "good vendor" forum is great, and thanks Jay. 

dwboyd

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2015, 07:43:06 PM »
Jay, I certainlly understand what you went through.  I have lost a considerable amount of money also too Coons.  That head cost plus my court battle (ongoing) has cost me over twice what I paid for the NEVER received heads & misc. components.  Bill Coons is a Crook, Liar & Thief.  Love to speak with you personally.  PM or email me direct if you like.  Thanks.