Author Topic: Movie review "Rush"  (Read 3061 times)

mammyjammer

• View Profile
Movie review "Rush"
« on: October 05, 2013, 07:34:12 PM »
No FEs in sight,no Fords, heck, not even any American cars, but a darn good movie.
 Great racing action and a a good story that is based on a true events
I prefer to watch movies at home, but the sights and sounds of the F-1 cars make this a movie that should be seen in a theater.

chris401

Re: Movie review "Rush"
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 09:57:19 PM »
I think of Grad Prix when I see previews. He's no James Garner but looks like a good movie. Want to see it.

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 07:17:12 AM »
Cool! Plan to see it this coming week.
Bob Maag

lovehamr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 10:16:06 AM »
Excellent movie! 

BTW, take the wife, she'll like seeing "Thor" in the buff. ;)

Cyclone03

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 04:11:35 PM »
I liked it,and so did my wife.

Im not going to say it was the "best" racing movie ever,I like LaMans and Winning for the unpolished realness.
I feel Rush had a fantastic story but in someways moved too fast. We had 2 main caractors that where developed well,but a little more on Lauda would have helped. Then we had a bunch of important Owners,drivers,and mechanics that just seemed to come and go.... The scene with Enzo reading the paper was great but a none race fan doesn't know him from any other old guy.
They repeated my pet peeve on all racing movie's with the quick cuts from inside,feet,outside repeat....then the important shots of coming failure came in rapid flashes. Mixing actual race footage with recreations was done well.

The epolog at the end was good,but again the cuts to the players where too quick. I think the detail could be enhanced by adding 15-20mins to the film and it can hold that because it never seems to "get slow".

We are at the point movie makers no longer have to fit in the 2 hour VHS window so they should go back to letting the story run a little longer.

I give it a solid ^^^^ out of ^^^^^.

Oh I forgot,Even if you hate going to the theater this is a must see on the big screne!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 04:13:59 PM by Cyclone03 »
Lance H

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 02:54:02 PM »
Saw it last night. Very good, but coulda' used more on-track action. Funny, but I kept thinking of LeMans and how greta it would have been to meld the best of each into one movie. Still, 4-stars  here for acting, screenplay and the counter-point of two very different individuals, both of whom were true winners.
Bob Maag