Author Topic: Jay: any chance of a second edition of the Intake Comparo? 4 not tested.  (Read 8347 times)

afret

Re: Jay: any chance of a second edition of the Intake Comparo? 4 not tested.
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2015, 05:07:54 PM »
Jay, I know it's a lot of work and you have a bunch of other projects going on but do you think you'll have a chance to test that Cleveland Strip Dominator intake on your test mule some time next year?  I wonder how it compares to a regular FE Victor.

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2015, 09:42:51 PM »
Earl, I have a new dyno mule going together now, hopefully on the pump towards the end of January.  I plan to test it then.  If you need the intake before then just let me know, and I'll send it right back - Jay
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

afret

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2015, 10:55:22 PM »
Thanks, Jay, that sounds great!  I'm in no rush.  I don't have heaters in my garages yet so it's kind of cold now up here in North Idaho to do much work on cars.   :)

thatdarncat

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2015, 12:06:07 AM »
I've got a couple Cleveland manifolds I'm hoping Jay will test too, trust me I keep bringing the subject up every couple months  :D
Kevin Rolph

1967 Cougar Drag Car ( under constuction )
1966 7 litre Galaxie
1966 Country Squire 390
1966 Cyclone GT 390
1968 Torino GT 390
1972 Gran Torino wagon
1978 Lincoln Mk V

Qikbbstang

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2015, 05:33:18 PM »
Well here goes long held back criticism. On the plus side however it's all I ever came up with against the GFEIC....Disappointed me big-time devoting space in Jay's book to Blair's "top secret" Port-O-Sonic. Now I realize Blair's Offy POS intake was from a state of the art Super Stock, make that "$upper $tock FE" where it's CIA like cloak & dagger supposedly what goes on inside their motor$.  But still it may as well have been from a black box. Only reason being what was done to Blair's intake was never described or pictured. Anyone that reads Jay's book has not a clue "what" it takes to make a  Port-O-Sonic perform or how it performs with such and such work done to it. It was a use it stock or not at all endorsement.

Especially missing was perhaps a "slight" DIY port or touch up job like the other single planes were blessed with. The box stock POS came out as a so-so performer or something that when TRICKED (?) was right up there with and sometimes beating a Vic 427.... Just no idea of how it did it.  While Jay was putting together his GFEIC book and posting bits a few "racers" posted/shared some pic's of their own uniquely modified Offy POS's. I found it especially interesting because the POS itself is darn old, yet very unique in design - just like the FE itself! (the old underdog stuff)  To quote one racer he still ran his POS over the Vic427 and he'd raced them both. 
     In the case of the STREET MASTER and STREET DOMINATOR's it was known to all they got their chokers in the plenum's removed by-the-book. Any reader likely did the same if he chose to run a STREET MASTER or STREET DOMINATOR on his FE after reading Jays book .  For all intent and purposes Blair's Port-O-Sonic is like Jon Kaase's 2015 vintage Ford aftermarket alum heads that were re-worked so much even their DNA could not tell what they came from. Kaases's use of those heads indicated nothing at all to any guy that was wondering how'd they work on his mill?.................unfortunately it's ditto on the modified POS
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 05:47:57 PM by Qikbbstang »