Author Topic: Need some help advice on fitting A/C to a 66 67 fairlane  (Read 255 times)

Jb427

• View Profile
Need some help advice on fitting A/C to a 66 67 fairlane
« on: December 10, 2023, 02:29:35 AM »
I am getting parts ready to fit A/C to my 66 fairlane next year my car was not an A/C car i have factory A/C vents that i want to use.
I would like to use hot/cold system dose anyone here have advice on what systems fit i still want to keep my glove box.

Big thing i need help with is heater A/C box no one makes a remakes a factory one and i don't know places to start looking even as i do not live in the USA.
vintage air systems would be fine too any help on what fitted good for you or people you know would be great

Cheers JB

winr1

Re: Need some help advice on fitting A/C to a 66 67 fairlane
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2023, 02:51:20 AM »
I have a AC/heat unit out of the rear of a van I am going to install in my 65 F100

It has 3 speeds, both the heater and AC conections point towards the passenger side of the truck

It has 4 tubes coming out of the front of the unit, 2 will go to the dash for defrost

It is around the same size as an underdash mid 60s Mustang unit

It will either be hidden under the dash or installed like a 60s Mustang unit with a 66 full size Mercury underdash AC faceplate

I bought one of the AC brackets that is in another thread, it mounts on passenger side with Alt. on top

Ricky.