Author Topic: FE Motor bolt size index  (Read 975 times)

hwoods

• View Profile
FE Motor bolt size index
« on: June 17, 2018, 09:43:29 AM »
is there an FE motor bolt size index anywhere that lists all the FE motor bolt sizes
it is hard to balance your check book with your testoserone level
Previous FE Cars:   1965 Ford Galaxie 390/4spd then upgraded to 427 sideoiler
1970 Maverick 427 sideoiler.  X Pro Stock Car
Current build in progress 1964 Thunderbolt Clone

thatdarncat

• View Profile
Re: FE Motor bolt size index
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 12:14:52 PM »
I'm not aware of any "handy" all in one list, but maybe one is out there? The Ford Parts Book generally has all the bolt sizes listed, but it means looking them up individually next to each component, for example timing cover bolt sizes listed after the timing covers, etc. It would be a big job for someone to look them all up and then compile them into a usable reference list, but do-able, and I've seen the Mopar guys have such a reference book. One thing that makes it difficult is there often are variations by year and even vehicle model or cubic inch, even when all FE. For example, intake manifold bolt length can vary depending on model year and which intake manifold, oil pan bolt length can vary between a regular 428 and a 428 CJ with the oil baffle, etc.

AMK fasteners had a large printed catalog, I don't know if they still do, that had quite a bit of bolt info as far as year and vehicle breakdown, but it wasn't complete, and it focused on the more popular cars and engine combo's.     
Kevin Rolph

1967 Cougar Drag Car ( under constuction )
1966 7 litre Galaxie
1966 Country Squire 390
1966 Cyclone GT 390
1968 Torino GT 390
1972 Gran Torino wagon
1978 Lincoln Mk V