Author Topic: HP VS Torque  (Read 19960 times)

blykins

• View Profile
    • Lykins Motorsports
Re: HP VS Torque
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2014, 06:55:10 AM »
You adjust the install height with different retainers and locks. 

Trust me, a beehive spring will be adequate for a hydraulic roller, but nowhere near enough for a solid roller.  Don't look at the spring rates alone, look at install height and height at full lift. 

A universal rev kit?  Go outside and stare at your engine and explain to me how a rev kit works on an FE. 

Again, not trying to be a butt, but I think you better consult with an engine builder or two before you continue with anything on this project.   
Brent Lykins
Lykins Motorsports
Custom FE Street, Drag Race, Road Race, and Pulling Truck Engines
Custom Roller & Flat Tappet Camshafts
www.lykinsmotorsports.com
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.customfordcams.com
502-759-1431
Instagram:  brentlykinsmotorsports
YouTube:  Lykins Motorsports

fe66comet

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2014, 01:56:04 PM »
You would be surprised what I have seen done and already done myself. I am not as green as you assume. I have custom engine parts made all the time as many do not exist anymore and I do not have an example or the part is completely destroyed. If everyone assumed it could not be done we would be driving stock engines and there would be no need for engineers.  Check out comp cams # 26095-1.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 02:03:50 PM by fe66comet »

blykins

• View Profile
    • Lykins Motorsports
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2014, 02:18:44 PM »
I've used that spring for hydraulic rollers.  At your install height you'd have around 150 lbs seat pressure.   If you plan to use a solid roller, you need another spring.   Bottom line. 

I'm not discounting your ability, but you need to spend a few more hours around an FE.  Look at some pictures of some FE's with the intake off, then come back and tell me why a universal rev kit won't work. 
Brent Lykins
Lykins Motorsports
Custom FE Street, Drag Race, Road Race, and Pulling Truck Engines
Custom Roller & Flat Tappet Camshafts
www.lykinsmotorsports.com
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.customfordcams.com
502-759-1431
Instagram:  brentlykinsmotorsports
YouTube:  Lykins Motorsports

fe66comet

« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2014, 03:49:15 PM »
If the lifter protrudes past the bore it can be done, I do it on tractor puller engines that were never even conceived to pull more than 20 HP and 1500 rpm. Anyhow it won't be necessary either way so it is a mute point. I will never spin past 7000 rpm anyhow on this build. Really I could just go with 7psi of boost and get everything I want HP wise. Then at least a double would be a necessity but my lift would be the same as it is now.