Author Topic: Ben Line wins Stock Eliminator at Brainerd  (Read 5521 times)

thatdarncat

• View Profile
Ben Line wins Stock Eliminator at Brainerd
« on: August 19, 2018, 04:55:07 PM »
Ben Line and his 428 CJ powered '69 Mustang won the Stock Eliminator class today at the Brainerd Lucas Oil NHRA national event over Randi Lyn Shipp. The final round was a "Heads-Up" race with no handicap or breakout since both Ben and Randi Lyn's Firebird were in the same C/SA class. This is the second year in a row Ben Line has won the Nationals here, and 3 years in a row for a 428 CJ winner. Last year Ben won over another local racer "Wild" Bill Feist and his 428 CJ powered '69 Mustang. 2017 was the second final in a row for Wild Bill, he won in 2016. Randi Lyn Shipp won Stock Eliminator here in 2015, so she knows the track, and is a tough competitor on the NHRA circuit. Ben's FE engines are built by his brother Lance and father Lawrence at their shop Line Performance in Wright, Minn. They build the engines of many of the local racers, and specialize in Stock & Super Stock class engines.
Kevin Rolph

1967 Cougar Drag Car ( under constuction )
1966 7 litre Galaxie
1966 Country Squire 390
1966 Cyclone GT 390
1968 Torino GT 390
1972 Gran Torino wagon
1978 Lincoln Mk V

thatdarncat

• View Profile
Re: Ben Line wins Stock Eliminator at Brainerd
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 04:59:14 PM »
The Stock Eliminator final was shown the NHRA TV coverage today on the FS1 ( Fox Sports 1 ) cable & satellite channel. the Stock final with Ben Line was right before the Pro class finals. It repeats again tonight on FS1, and again over the next few days on FS2, and the various other Fox Sports channels. Just a FYI for anyone that wants to catch it. 
Kevin Rolph

1966 7 litre Galaxie
1966 Country Squire 390
1966 Cyclone GT 390
1968 Torino GT 390
1972 Gran Torino wagon
1978 Lincoln Mk V

FElony

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 06:24:58 PM »
My deepest apologies to the group. My video link above was for last year's win by Mr. Line. I am scum.

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 09:17:09 PM »
Still cool to see what the car looks like, and cool to see last years run. I don't have cable and can't watch those shows, so thanks for that link. And a big Congrats to Mr. Line.

I don't know how many female racers there are in Stock and Super Stock, but that's impressive to see one running in the finals. Seems women are really starting to make a place for themselves in drag racing. She's a nice looking gal too, which also seems to be the norm for women in drag racing.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

thatdarncat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 09:58:15 PM »
Kevin Rolph

1966 7 litre Galaxie
1966 Country Squire 390
1966 Cyclone GT 390
1968 Torino GT 390
1972 Gran Torino wagon
1978 Lincoln Mk V

thatdarncat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2018, 10:05:47 PM »
Kevin Rolph

1966 7 litre Galaxie
1966 Country Squire 390
1966 Cyclone GT 390
1968 Torino GT 390
1972 Gran Torino wagon
1978 Lincoln Mk V

Yellow Truck

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2018, 11:12:02 PM »
She's a nice looking gal too, which also seems to be the norm for women in drag racing.

So he's chopped liver?
1969 F100 4WD (It ain't yellow anymore)
445 with BBM heads, Prison Break stroker kit, hydrualic roller cam, T&D rockers, Street Dominator Intake with QFT SS 830.

Paul.

CaptCobrajet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2018, 11:16:01 PM »
Congratulations to Ben and the whole camp.  They certainly know their stuff, and Randi Lynn Shipp is as tough a driver as they come......male or female.....and her Firebird is also FAST, so there was no easy mark for Ben.  Cool to see a Cobra Jet win this week also.....the 50th anniversary celebration at Norwalk is next weekend.  Hopefully the Lines will make it over there.  Lots of neat folks and good cars will be there.  Again, big congrats to Ben, Lance, and family.
Blair Patrick

FElony

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2018, 11:32:08 AM »
She's a nice looking gal too, which also seems to be the norm for women in drag racing.

So he's chopped liver?

That would only matter to a pinky lifter.

FElony

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2018, 12:04:19 PM »
Still cool to see what the car looks like, and cool to see last years run. I don't have cable and can't watch those shows, so thanks for that link. And a big Congrats to Mr. Line.

I was so distracted by the correct-for-year (and probably that car's original) Y-series Cal license plate that I didn't notice the date on the left of the screen. Old sub-hobby of mine.

I don't know how many female racers there are in Stock and Super Stock, but that's impressive to see one running in the finals. Seems women are really starting to make a place for themselves in drag racing. She's a nice looking gal too, which also seems to be the norm for women in drag racing.

That's cuz women in drag racing ain't fat, inked-up, pierced, fat, blue-haired, triggered all day, Hillary-worshipping, fat, man-haters.

Yellow Truck

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2018, 12:22:42 PM »

So he's chopped liver?

Can usually count on you to reach for the garbage can. Always nice to hear from you.
1969 F100 4WD (It ain't yellow anymore)
445 with BBM heads, Prison Break stroker kit, hydrualic roller cam, T&D rockers, Street Dominator Intake with QFT SS 830.

Paul.

FElony

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2018, 12:36:20 PM »

So he's chopped liver?

Can usually count on you to reach for the garbage can. Always nice to hear from you.

Hey, just telling it like it is. Straight guys don't care if another dude is chopped liver or not. Not even us ugly old straight guys who wish we were young and handsome again. Nope. Chopped liver = pinky lifter. Don't worry about it; I'm sure that not every last guy that drives a truck is straight. It happens.

john a

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2018, 12:48:37 PM »
Kevin, is that Lance’s old car or possibility Lance still owns it and Ben drives?

JERICOGTX

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2018, 01:13:33 PM »
Kevin, is that Lance’s old car or possibility Lance still owns it and Ben drives?

Different car. They have "twin" cars. One runs B/SA, and the other runs C/SA. Just a weight change. Lance had engine troubles the last 2 weeks.