Author Topic: 69 Cobra (Torino) Factory Appearance?  (Read 10781 times)

mike7570

Re: 69 Cobra (Torino) Factory Appearance?
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2021, 02:14:22 PM »
I didn't remember seeing any decals back then either, of course I don't remember too much from 52yrs ago LOL

Richard F

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2021, 12:00:30 PM »
Thanks for all the responses.  Sounds like it is a Fairlane Cobra, rather than a Torino Cobra, or maybe more correctly it is just a Cobra, because of course it did get it's own body code.  It does have the rear staggered shocks and hood pins.  A copy of the Marti Report and the build sheet, with the serial numbers blacked out by me, are below.  According to the Marti report "Drag Pack" became a thing after February 20 1969.  I always liked the "Super Cobra" on the build sheet.

It's a bummer about the tape stripe, but I'm going to put a stroked 427 in this thing anyway, so it's not going to be a stock restoration.  Original engine is long gone (prior to 1975, when the previous owner purchased the car), the shaker assembly was sold off the car in the 1990s, etc.  I think I might go with the tape stripe anyway.  I'll say it was dealer installed... ;D

For what it's worth, mine was a Fairlane on the title.  I don't remember when it was built, but it was a '69. Can't say about paint as it had been repainted before I bought it. I remember it had the Chrome cobra snakes on the side, and 428 cobra jet on the scoop. Very foggy, but I seem to remember it having aluminum valve covers. That's about all I can remember, except it would fly....and it got me hooked on FE's.

Richard F

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2021, 12:08:35 PM »
Jay are you looking for a shaker or the non-shaker ram air flapper plate?

Sorry, I shouldn't have said shaker in that earlier post, my mistake.  I need the ram air setup - air cleaner, lid with flapper, snorkel,  seal, etc.

I may have one, I'll have to dig in the shop. I'll check later today.

Richard F

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2021, 04:57:00 PM »
Jay are you looking for a shaker or the non-shaker ram air flapper plate?

Sorry, I shouldn't have said shaker in that earlier post, my mistake.  I need the ram air setup - air cleaner, lid with flapper, snorkel,  seal, etc.

I may have one, I'll have to dig in the shop. I'll check later today.

I checked, mine is the shaker scoop. been so long since I'd laid eyes on it I had forgotten.