Author Topic: Need a good hand held scanner CAN & OBD II with ABS bleed function  (Read 590 times)

winr1

My old scanner works but has no ABS bleed or things such as showing a bad coil on plug and which cylinder

Amy advice ??

Ricky.

gregaba

• View Profile
Re: Need a good hand held scanner CAN & OBD II with ABS bleed function
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2022, 01:37:21 PM »
You might check out Actron scanner's. I have been using them for 10 year's and they do a good job.
I am not sure about the abs bleed but you can check.
Greg

winr1

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2022, 03:15:53 PM »
Thank you

Ricky.

TJ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2022, 07:49:46 AM »
I've had an Actron for many years and have been happy.  It only does obd II.  Couple years ago I got an Innova (either a 3130 or 3150) and also happy.  It does plenty for me...including ABS codes and reset, SRS codes.  Also reads live data like coolant temp, emission related readings, etc.  The next level up does ABS bleed and cost $100 more.  The few times I thought I wanted to pump the ABS unit I just found a slick spot and slammed the brakes. 

Both of mine will tell you which coil over plug is bad and also things like which injector is bad (for gasoline).  You just have to look up how your particular car's make and model counts cylinders.  Some of them hop around as they count...

They're nice.  I think it was the Innova that told me the turbo actuator was bad on my wife's VW diesel.  That saved me a ton of money.  I found a new actuator ($200) and swapped that.  Didn't have to buy the whole dang turbo ($2000 and lot more work).
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 08:00:43 AM by TJ »