Author Topic: man I gotta quit burning myself welding LOL  (Read 1977 times)

fe66comet

man I gotta quit burning myself welding LOL
« on: May 24, 2013, 06:19:13 PM »
Two hot foots, four print free fingers and a nasty muffler burn ( I welded the muffler back on the tractor while it was, hot). And the week end just started, at least I haven't set myself, on fire yet......Jon

manofmerc

• View Profile
Re: man I gotta quit burning myself welding LOL
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 04:35:20 PM »
Well next time you will have your gloves on wont you !!Seems that from time to time we all forget that things get hot after welding .Do you have a 66comet ? I have a 66 and a 67 .One with a fe and another with 460 power .And I have burned myself several times welding on either one .Doug :-X

fe66comet

Re: man I gotta quit burning myself welding LOL
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 05:26:29 PM »
Yup a 66 with an empty engine bay currently, I built, well almost completed a 445 but found later without doing proper research that 390 blocks will not holdup to long haul high RPM use. So that is going to my other current project, a 2000 Jeep Wrangler ground up build. I am leaning toward a 428 block with a stroker kit, steel main conversion and DOHC heads for my next engine backed with a Tremec Magnum. I already am digging up some goodies but haven't completed my 10 other projects yet. I kinda do things as opportunity presents itself.....Jon