Author Topic: Disease please, I'll take two.  (Read 83955 times)

ec164

• View Profile
Re: Disease please, I'll take two.
« Reply #60 on: December 25, 2016, 03:25:40 PM »
Great looking job and craftsmanship Marc! I really like the 65/66 fastbacks!  Those headers look excellent also....Keep up the good work.....Merry Christmas.........Al
You're ahead in a Mercury......all the way

Leny Mason

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 25, 2016, 10:48:41 PM »
Hi, I made my frame go out on each side and the bumper brackets go on the inside of the frame, that gave me two inches on each side kinda like what you did, I like your car it will be fun. Leny Mason

My427stang

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2016, 11:30:02 AM »
Very nice Marc.  Looks great!
---------------------------------
Ross
Bullock's Power Service, LLC
- 70 Fastback Mustang, 489 cid FE, Victor, SEFI, Erson SFT cam, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch.
- 71 F100 shortbed 4x4, 461 cid FE, headers, Victor Pro-flo EFI, Comp Custom HFT cam, 3.50 9 inch

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2016, 07:57:36 PM »
Thanks guys, it's a hell of a lot of fun.
Exhaust started heading back today.
John wanted to do it so I let him  ::) . He kinda wanted to finish what he started with the headers.
Ordered a whole passel of parts today like fuel tank, a/c system and brake mc so I can finish the mock up soon. Yes soon.

Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

Leny Mason

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2016, 08:49:13 AM »
He got an A+ on the headers they look great, are your frame links home made they look nice to, it's fun when things start to go together  after a long project. Leny Mason

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2016, 10:31:18 AM »
Yes the headers are really nice. I'm thrilled with them.
The frame links all started out as one of the old Total Control X braces. I always liked it because it goes in and out pretty easily and seems to really work well. It has been re sized and the front to back side connectors have been added. It gives me a nice skid plate (for a low car) to put everything like exhaust and plumbing above. I also rosette welded some 1/8 inch channel around the front and rear frame assemblies so that there is an almost actual frame under it. I didn't want to worry about FE torque tearing apart the unibody (maybe to much worry) ???
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 10:35:21 AM by turbohunter »
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2016, 08:14:15 PM »
Parts are flying in so lots to do.
Brake master and electric power system came in. I decided I'd try an electric system from ABS.
Here's the link:
http://www.abspowerbrake.com/ehpm.html
There's really nice place for it down by the torque box. I will build a box around it to shield it from the elements.
The master cylinder placement is going to be a bit fiddley. I'll make it work but I may not be able to use pentroof valve covers. I'll mess with it and see how much I can move it around.
Also got a/c and fuel tank so prolly Tuesday will get to those.
Woohoo I can feel a car starting to develop. :)

Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2017, 04:08:42 PM »
Thought you would like to see the exhaust routing.
It is different than I have ever done and I can't remember seeing it like this. Because the car is so low we ended up having to route the rear under the rear axle. There is certainly no room above. It actually seems like it will work well. The suspension is at full droop here and the bottom of the exhaust is still above the lowest parts of the frame. When we set it on the ground it's all very tidy.
Also notice that we had to make a little jog at the rear of the drivers side because the gas tank is offset to that side.

Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428

Leny Mason

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2017, 07:49:15 PM »
Vary nice they should be fine as long as there is clearance at the end of the shock travel, have you heard it yet that will be fun nice welds to, I said earlier the my frame goes out for e wider radiator, my frame is on my Blown Comet page, Leny Mason

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2017, 08:11:25 PM »
Engines not built yet so I haven't heard it.
I'm curious about the 3 inch all the way to the back end though through Flowmaster 40s.
Notice no crossover yet. We're figuring it will fit just below the tail shaft of the tranny.
And yes Johns welds are damn nice.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428

Leny Mason

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2017, 12:57:01 PM »
HI, can you put the brake pump any where looks like a neat system.

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2017, 06:57:01 PM »
HI, can you put the brake pump any where ...
Almost Leny.
The pump and switch system can be mounted in any orientation or anyplace in the car that is lower than the mc. The mc has a gravity fed return line to the pump and switch.
Think of it like a power steering pump with a high pressure side and a low pressure return to the pump.
Your comment about looking like a neat system is right on. Let's say you have a big duration cam and don't have much vacuum. You don't need vacuum with this system to have power brakes.
Not to mention that you can hide it real easy.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2017, 07:23:43 PM »
Nice build 8)

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

427Fastback

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2017, 12:53:09 AM »
Nice stuff...I haven't touched my 66 428CJ project lately...Now your car is making way more power than the one I am building so I am going to ask...While it is on a hoist and the welder is there wouldn't it be a good time to add two torque boxes to the car.I added them to the car I am building along with frame connectors.

Even with frame connectors and two torque boxes my 68 427 car will pop the glove box open in 2nd gear...Not questioning your build.Just a observation...Are you putting a cage in ???
1968 Mustang Fastback...427 MR 5spd (owned since 1977)
1967 Mustang coupe...Trans Am replica
1936 Diamond T 212BD
1990 Grizzly pick-up

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2017, 11:37:29 AM »
I hear you on the frame strength question.
I'm going to finish up with a roll bar. I wouldn't call it a cage because this is a road car and I want to get in and out easy. But I'll try to make it a real support bar.
As far as the extra torque boxes, you may be right but I'm betting on it being stiff enough with wrapping the frame in 1/8 inch and the frame stiffeners being pretty bad ass already.
I'll have a real good indicator of if that is a problem because I'm using some 18 gauge to make boxes over the equipment I'm hiding in the same place the torque boxes would go.

Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428