Author Topic: Had another good weekend...of sorts. Runner up!  (Read 5231 times)

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
Re: Had another good weekend...of sorts. Runner up!
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2017, 07:50:14 AM »
Just the opposite car stayed together and you need the work.  ::) ;)
Ya, I was telling myself at least I didn't break it?   I've got light issues again.  Just can't get myself out of that .400 pro tree from the week before.

Doug, I'm waiting on response from my guy on getting the pieces I need to get it back together.

Yes, back when I still ran the motor from the blue truck(428CJ) I switched to the Nash from a toploader.  It was worth .15 and a couple MPH.  The deeper first and extra gear will always be quicker then a four speed.  Pro stock runs a 5 spd for a reason.
Larry

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2017, 08:37:49 AM »
Never used a 400 tree I could definetly see how from week to week that could mess you up. I have only been to the track a handful of times the last couple of years, but in the 80s and early 90s when I used to go every week you get used to the tree,going back and forth messes with your timing.

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2017, 10:08:59 AM »
I've worked on the car to slow it down for a .500 sportsman tree with LED lights.   Then for one day I had to TRY to red light and you can't on a .400 pro tree(unless you anticipate and leave before the tree is activated).  Then to try to slow myself down and WAIT for the last amber is something I have to set my mind for :-\ .
Larry